Induction Stove

As all we know,induction stove works on the principle of electromagnetic induction.Thus an emf is induced in the vessel and eddy current flows through the vessel.
Since the vessel is made of ferromagnetic material (high resistivity) larger amount of heat (H=I^2 R)is generated.
What will happen if a human body comes into contact with this high resistive vessel??? Won't the human body resistance be parallel with the vessel (net resistance reduces) and human be exposed to shock????


Showing Answers 1 - 7 of 7 Answers

Pasupulati. V. N. Sekhar

  • Jan 10th, 2012

Definetly we are going to feel the shock. As soon as we come in contact with the high resistive body a low resistive path(When compared to ferromagnetic material human body has less resistance) to the ground is found so that current starts flowing through the body which inturns makes us to feel the shock!!!

  Was this answer useful?  Yes

The excessive heat will harm the human but nothing about the shock will happen because there is no path for the current to go through and the current that is making heat is eddy current that happens on cores not on any material + the core doesn't have voltage so when human touches it there isn't Voltage difference between the two to make current flows so its about the heat

  Was this answer useful?  Yes


  • May 2nd, 2012

The parameter responsible for heating in Ind Cooker is current (eddy). Ferromagnetic material, although high resistance compared to Cu or Al have much lesser resistance compared to human body. hence, eddies would rather love to travel though the metallic frying pan instead of fleshy human body.

  Was this answer useful?  Yes


  • May 15th, 2012

Human body under dry condition has much higher resistivity compared ferromagnetic material.

  Was this answer useful?  Yes

Give your answer:

If you think the above answer is not correct, Please select a reason and add your answer below.


Related Answered Questions


Related Open Questions