Explain UNION, MINUS, UNION ALL and INTERSECT
Answer posted by Scott on 2005-05-25 18:32:51: UNION - the values of the first query are returned with the values of the second query eliminating duplicates.
MINUS - the values of the first query are returned with duplicates values of the second query removed from the first query.
UNION ALL - the values of both queries are returned including all duplicates
INTERSECT - only the duplicate values are returned from both queries.
Editorial / Best Answerrampratap409
UNION: Take the common record once( No Duplicate)
UNION ALL : Takes Duplicates also
Minus: Result of first query - result of second query
select * from emp where rownum<=9;
select * from emp where rownum<9;
this will display 9th row of emp
Intersect: common result of both query
- What is the use of inspect verb in cobol?
- Sequential file stage
- Recursive function
- Explain white box testing related to Java ?
- What is the difference between pass data item value and pass parameter value ?
- Impedance matching
- Do you ever test if the defect is closed? If yes then explain?
- Accounts payable interview questions
- Structure and union
- Explain severity and priority with examples ?
- Explain how structures can be used with in function
- How to calculate interest for VAT delay payment and how to file the returns,from basic please explain me.
- Mortgage account
- What qualifications/traits/skills to become a good tester
- Explain about data blocks and its functions ?
- Greenhat(rational integration testing) tool
- Explain the business flow of Oracle general ledger
- Union transformation is active
- Loadrunner in performance tuning and analysis
- Explain different methods of joining caissons