Explain UNION, MINUS, UNION ALL and INTERSECT
Answer posted by Scott on 2005-05-25 18:32:51: UNION - the values of the first query are returned with the values of the second query eliminating duplicates.
MINUS - the values of the first query are returned with duplicates values of the second query removed from the first query.
UNION ALL - the values of both queries are returned including all duplicates
INTERSECT - only the duplicate values are returned from both queries.
Editorial / Best Answerrampratap409
UNION: Take the common record once( No Duplicate)
UNION ALL : Takes Duplicates also
Minus: Result of first query - result of second query
select * from emp where rownum<=9;
select * from emp where rownum<9;
this will display 9th row of emp
Intersect: common result of both query
- Why star delta starter prefer to d.O.L starter for large motors?
- Peoplesoft pages
- Find and grep command
- Define a return statement
- How to join data from two partitions of a multifile in abinitio..!
- How to analyze the explain plan?
- What is differrence between multifile and adhoc files?
- Application support
- How to convert multiple rows into single row in datastage
- Multiple database access one instance
- 40 ibm Oracle DBA interview questions
- Register a component in multiple locations
- Game of jack straws
- Reports development
- For etl testers
- What can be the side effects of using automation tools while testing ?
- Explain about cross functional audits
- Memory addressing
- I have done project employee maintenance detail and they ask the program for main menu any one know the program of main menu if any one knows plzz explain.
- Diffrence between product costing and process costing?