What are the basic functions of an operating system?
Operating system controls and coordinates the use of the hardware among the various applications programs for various uses. Operating system acts as resource allocator and manager. Since there are many possibly conflicting requests for resources the operating system must decide which requests are allocated resources to operating the computer system efficiently and fairly. Also operating system is control program which controls the user programs to prevent errors and improper use of the computer. It is especially concerned with the operation and control of I/O devices.
Showing Answers 1 - 12 of 12 Answers
- Gearing system in cars
- How do you change Oracle default system date like mon-dd-yyyy
- Which order the functions would be called?
- Path of current in domestic loads
- Power system
- Post interview assignment
- What files can be affected fast by virus attack in windows system ?
- What are the basic difference between re-insurance and insurance claim handling?
- Fire alarm system
- What are the datastage native operators
- Cooling the water of distillation apparatus cooling system
- Post interview question - assignment - to write a test plan with test cases.
- Write a specifications for generating a report?
- Extracting data from SAP r/s using Informatica
- Business requirements documents
- What are the types of ups ?
- Program to stimulate timer of an test
- Convert the units
- Aggregations for a system
- How to add running totals in report studio