What are the basic functions of an operating system?
Operating system controls and coordinates the use of the hardware among the various applications programs for various uses. Operating system acts as resource allocator and manager. Since there are many possibly conflicting requests for resources the operating system must decide which requests are allocated resources to operating the computer system efficiently and fairly. Also operating system is control program which controls the user programs to prevent errors and improper use of the computer. It is especially concerned with the operation and control of I/O devices.
Showing Answers 1 - 12 of 12 Answers
- System calls
- Can neutral be earthed at load side?
- Harmonics power system
- C++ macros functionality
- Big endian or little endian
- Use of OOPS in c++
- How to recover if system continuosly restarts
- Slip power recovery system
- Installing os
- Un-reproducable bug
- Redis server database data storage
- 2 isp working in one network
- Number system - single smallest possible square number
- Testing source and target in different database
- Debugging video player and generate test data
- Testing scenarios in client payroll system
- Features and benefits of business intelligence
- Memory management of operating system
- Examples of integration and system testing