What are the basic functions of an operating system?
Operating system controls and coordinates the use of the hardware among the various applications programs for various uses. Operating system acts as resource allocator and manager. Since there are many possibly conflicting requests for resources the operating system must decide which requests are allocated resources to operating the computer system efficiently and fairly. Also operating system is control program which controls the user programs to prevent errors and improper use of the computer. It is especially concerned with the operation and control of I/O devices.
Showing Answers 1 - 12 of 12 Answers
- Distributed file system replication
- Distributed file system
- What is the output of the following program?
- System calls
- Can neutral be earthed at load side?
- Harmonics power system
- Testing source and target in different database
- C++ macros functionality
- Big endian or little endian
- Use of OOPS in c++
- Bug can be rejected or not if the basic issue is corrected and the secondary related issue is not the bug.
- Abinitio date functions and file corruption
- Redis server database data storage
- 2 isp working in one network
- Number system - single smallest possible square number
- Debugging video player and generate test data
- Testing scenarios in client payroll system
- Memory management of operating system
- Examples of integration and system testing