What are the basic functions of an operating system?
Operating system controls and coordinates the use of the hardware among the various applications programs for various uses. Operating system acts as resource allocator and manager. Since there are many possibly conflicting requests for resources the operating system must decide which requests are allocated resources to operating the computer system efficiently and fairly. Also operating system is control program which controls the user programs to prevent errors and improper use of the computer. It is especially concerned with the operation and control of I/O devices.
Showing Answers 1 - 12 of 12 Answers
- Installing os
- Array implementation of student counseling details using queues
- Current control device and voltage control device
- Bug system
- 40 ibm Oracle DBA interview questions
- Android app testing
- Electrical machines and power system projects
- Poor performance for user programs
- Modern operating systems
- Operating range of voltage and current?
- Slip power recovery system
- Debugging video player and generate test data
- Un-reproducable bug
- Testing scenarios in client payroll system
- Features and benefits of business intelligence
- Memory management of operating system
- Examples of integration and system testing
- Game of jack straws
- What will happen to the users that are already connected to the database when (alter system enable restricted session;) command is fired in the database.