Answered by: MohanAnswered On : Jun 2nd, 2006
Advantages of views:
1. View the data without storing the data into the object.
2. Restict the view of a table i.e. can hide some of columns in the tables.
3. Join two or more tables and show it as one object to user.
4. Restict the access of a table so that nobody can insert the rows into the table.
1. Can not use DML operations on this.
2. When table is dropped view becomes inactive.. it depends on the table objects.
3. It is an object, so it occupies space.
Pls. add , if I miss any of them.