What is SDLC and STLC , what is relationship between them
Editorial / Best Answertestingeek
SDLC is the main process in the developement of a software.
The approcah generally depends on the framework that is followed like CMMI , SPICE etc. and the methodology used to build the product e.g Waterfall, agile etc.
The general appraoch in SDLC though is :
1. Domain analysis. (done by either and/or customer and Business analyst)
re element analysis : SAG (software architecture group-> analyst, PM's, SQA managers etc....)
4.Specification -->(client, system analyst)
5.Design -->( Low level, High Level)
6. Coding --> developers
8. Documentation --> testers, dev, tech writers
9. Sign off -->after UAT by customers
is related to SDLC but does not start at step 7 if a good product roll out is intented.
Senior test analyst get involved in the Req analysis to get an idea of the requirements and spot gaps in requirements.
2) During Design phase the work with developers to decide what aspects are testable as well as help with Unit testcase review if possible
3)Test planning: Deciding the scope, strategy and enviornment and risks in testing -> done by Lead or senior testers
4)Test developement ; Writing testcases, scenarios, Scripts, procedures etyc
5)Execution : excuting testcases and capturing the results--> junior testers
6)Reporting:logging bugs found. Done by junior testers.
repeat of 5) and 6) in cycles of testing and resolution of defects.
This is closely related to the Bug life cycle.
SDLC is the master cycle and STLC is a sub cycle of the same.
- Testing oriented question
- What is stlc?
- Whats the perfect conclusion for sdlc phases
- Waterfall sdlc compared to an agile sdlc
- Database design
- Transfer function
- Deliverables from the each of sdlc in v model
- 3phase rectified to single phase
- Difference between scope and relationship?
- Relationship of ev and sv
- Kind of analysis
- M2m dimensions in olap cube
- Managing inheritance relationship between classes and sub-classes
- Describe collage as system?
- Describe the v-model and fish model in sdlc ?
- Has anyone asked you for help? What did you do?
- What is the best way to start the analytical side of the sdlc?
- Trust relationship between two different forests
- What are some of the problems business analyst runs into different phases of sdlc? And, how to solve those problems?