What is the difference between physical address and logical address?
Editorial / Best Answer
Answered by: kalyan raghavan
A Physical address is a 48-bit flat address burned into the ROM of the NIC card which is a Layer1 device of the OSI model. This iis divided into 24-bit vendor code and 24-bit serial address. This is unique for each system and cannot be changed.
A Logical address is a 32- bit address assigned to each system in a network. This works in Layer-3 of OSI Model. This would be generally the IP address.
- Composite and alloy
- What is the difference between iebgener,iebcopy and repro
- Difference between divisions and paragraphs?
- What is the difference between potential and voltage?
- What is the difference between earth and neutral ?
- Networking problem
- What is difference between win XP and win 7
- QTP launch application methods
- Launch any application methods in QTP
- What is the difference between unearned revenue and unbilled receivables?
- Post interview question - assignment - to write a test plan with test cases.
- Exploratory testing
- Difference between is and as in Oracle
- Memory addressing
- What is the difference between sequence diagram and collaboration diagram?
- Array differences
- What is the difference between disaster recovery at the data link layer and the transport layer?
- Db2 data types
- Power system