What is the difference between physical address and logical address?
Editorial / Best Answer
Answered by: kalyan raghavan
A Physical address is a 48-bit flat address burned into the ROM of the NIC card which is a Layer1 device of the OSI model. This iis divided into 24-bit vendor code and 24-bit serial address. This is unique for each system and cannot be changed.
A Logical address is a 32- bit address assigned to each system in a network. This works in Layer-3 of OSI Model. This would be generally the IP address.
- Identify critical invoice in SAP
- Transformer based ups vs transformer less ups
- Vpn and vlan
- Difference beetween ppc & opc
- Credit memo and debit nemo in AR and ap
- Ab initio - counting records
- Pre-emtive and non-pre-emtive scheduling
- Dynamic cache
- Difference between impicit index and explicit cursor
- String format expression
- Filters and restricted columns
- Difference between mobile app testing and mobile app native testing
- Etl case and decode
- Horizontal and vertical clustering
- Mobile and desktop testing
- RMAN logical and physical backup
- Find function and query find function
- Frequency dependent losses
- Memory management of operating system