Now that we live in the age of information technology, there is a world of opportunities waiting for MCA graduates like you. Although understandably, you might be apprehensive about your future considering that workforce competition can be quite stiff, you need not worry as long as you plan your career ahead of time.
You need not be scared of not being able to find a job. I’m here to help you. I suggest that you take a moment to learn some helpful tips and insights outlined in this section so that you will not have any problems in finding your dream job.
Career Options for MCA Graduates
As an MCA graduate, you possess excellent computer skills and the ability to develop or create computer applications, understand and utilize various computer languages, as well as provide maintenance and repair to different types of applications, among others. With these technical skills, you would surely find employment in the following positions:
- Software engineer
- Software developer or programmer
- Project manager
- Web applications developer
- Web designer
- Computer application consultant
These jobs are considered high-paying jobs that could help you earn somewhere between $30,000 and $75,000 per annum, depending on your years of experience and skill level.
A computer programmer with a degree in MCA who has been working for 10 years could earn as much as $72,000 annually in the United States, whereas an entry-level MCA graduate who has just been recently employed would probably start earning around $30,000 per year.
How to Increase Your Chances of Getting Hired
Job applicants with an educational background in the IT field are very much in demand. However, you must also keep in mind that there are many people just like you, who are also armed with a degree in MCA, Computer Science, and IT, among others. If you want to find employment, you need to do the following:
- Make sure you apply for the job that you really want. Career planning is very important so before you even start looking for a job, you need to decide on what kind of job you want to apply for based on your skills and interest.
- You need to create an impressive resume. You must make sure that your resume will showcase your skills, talents, and achievements to convince potential employers that you are good candidate for the job.
- Prepare for your job interview. Preparation and planning are important. Think and prepare for the possible questions that will be asked during the interview, and practice answering them on your own.
- Be confident during the interview. You must prove to your interviewer that you are the right candidate for the job, so when giving answers, speak confidently and clearly.
Now that you know what jobs you can apply for as an MCA graduate, make sure to follow the tips provided above so that you can be on your way to building a solid career. Good luck