Explain the difference between an internal and an external sort, the pros and cons, internal sort syntax etc?
An external sort is not COBOL; it is performed through JCL and PGM=SORT. It is understandable without any code reference. An internal sort can use two different syntaxes: 1.) USING, GIVING sorts are comparable to external sorts with no extra file processing; 2) INPUT PROCEDURE, OUTPUT PROCEDURE sorts allow for data manipulation before and/or after the sort.
Showing Answers 1 - 12 of 12 Answers
- Dns server faults
- Jcl sort card to filter data
- Form of fact and dimension table
- Why star delta starter prefer to d.O.L starter for large motors?
- Manual testing brd and srs documents
- Register a component in multiple locations
- Sort data using reformat
- Sorting using reformat component in abinitio
- Test strategy and test plan
- Component is not visible
- Manual testing backend process
- Finance & accounts
- Dns query
- Save button test case
- Real time claims processing
- V-model and fish model
- 40 ibm Oracle DBA interview questions
- Call test in software testing
- Topological sort algorithm