Explain the difference between an internal and an external sort, the pros and cons, internal sort syntax etc?
An external sort is not COBOL; it is performed through JCL and PGM=SORT. It is understandable without any code reference. An internal sort can use two different syntaxes: 1.) USING, GIVING sorts are comparable to external sorts with no extra file processing; 2) INPUT PROCEDURE, OUTPUT PROCEDURE sorts allow for data manipulation before and/or after the sort.
Showing Answers 1 - 10 of 10 Answers
- What is the use of inspect verb in cobol?
- Oracle cursors in PL/SQL
- Difference between active & reactive power meters
- Difference between 11i and r12
- Dataset stage and sequential file stage
- Recursive function
- What is the difference between trigger and constraints ?
- Explain white box testing related to Java ?
- What is the difference between pass data item value and pass parameter value ?
- What is the difference between page not found and page cannot be dislplayed
- Explain how structures can be used with in function
- What are the basic difference between re-insurance and insurance claim handling?
- Business rule & business validation
- What is the difference between subnetmask and host
- How to calculate interest for VAT delay payment and how to file the returns,from basic please explain me.
- Microstrategy differences
- Sequential file stage
- Mortgage account
- What is the difference between a Java developer and Java designer?
- Cash management service