Explain the difference between an internal and an external sort, the pros and cons, internal sort syntax etc?
An external sort is not COBOL; it is performed through JCL and PGM=SORT. It is understandable without any code reference. An internal sort can use two different syntaxes: 1.) USING, GIVING sorts are comparable to external sorts with no extra file processing; 2) INPUT PROCEDURE, OUTPUT PROCEDURE sorts allow for data manipulation before and/or after the sort.
Showing Answers 1 - 12 of 12 Answers
- Transformer based ups vs transformer less ups
- Start induction motor
- Difference beetween ppc & opc
- Refresh external table
- Credit memo and debit nemo in AR and ap
- System calls
- Non zero max.Code setting maxxcc=0
- Syntax for year checking and processing date
- Solenoid 12v valve work in DC voltage?
- Dynamic cache
- Storing of energy
- Convertion of energy
- Difference between mobile app testing and mobile app native testing
- Vpn and vlan
- Etl case and decode
- Inter-company journals
- Multiple test scenarios from one test case
- Teach new employee about personal information
- Number system - single smallest possible square number
- Pre-emtive and non-pre-emtive scheduling