Explain the difference between an internal and an external sort, the pros and cons, internal sort syntax etc?
An external sort is not COBOL; it is performed through JCL and PGM=SORT. It is understandable without any code reference. An internal sort can use two different syntaxes: 1.) USING, GIVING sorts are comparable to external sorts with no extra file processing; 2) INPUT PROCEDURE, OUTPUT PROCEDURE sorts allow for data manipulation before and/or after the sort.
Showing Answers 1 - 11 of 11 Answers
- What is differrence between multifile and adhoc files?
- Coding question
- What is the difference between pinion and gear
- What is difference between ipv4 & ipv6?
- What is difference between tcp and udp and which is preferable
- How to convert multiple rows into single row in datastage
- How do you get count of records in a PS file using sort jcl ?
- Multiple database access one instance
- What is the difference between unearned revenue and unbilled receivables?
- How do you optimise your PL/SQL code?
- Define a return statement
- How to join data from two partitions of a multifile in abinitio..!
- What is the difference between loop and function recursion?
- Reports development
- For etl testers
- How to analyze the explain plan?
- What is difference between dns & gns ?
- What can be the side effects of using automation tools while testing ?
- A multi-way search tree
- Application support