Explain the difference between an internal and an external sort, the pros and cons, internal sort syntax etc?
An external sort is not COBOL; it is performed through JCL and PGM=SORT. It is understandable without any code reference. An internal sort can use two different syntaxes: 1.) USING, GIVING sorts are comparable to external sorts with no extra file processing; 2) INPUT PROCEDURE, OUTPUT PROCEDURE sorts allow for data manipulation before and/or after the sort.
Showing Answers 1 - 11 of 11 Answers
- Explain performance bottlenecks
- Composite and alloy
- What is the best case running time for insertion sort?
- What is the difference between iebgener,iebcopy and repro
- Difference between divisions and paragraphs?
- What is the difference between potential and voltage?
- What is the difference between earth and neutral ?
- What is difference between win XP and win 7
- QTP launch application methods
- What is the difference between unearned revenue and unbilled receivables?
- How do you optimise your PL/SQL code?
- Exploratory testing
- Difference between is and as in Oracle
- Explain about cross functional audits
- Memory addressing
- What is the difference between sequence diagram and collaboration diagram?
- Please explain the relationships in hibernate
- Array differences
- What is qa testing workflow