Explain the difference between an internal and an external sort, the pros and cons, internal sort syntax etc?
An external sort is not COBOL; it is performed through JCL and PGM=SORT. It is understandable without any code reference. An internal sort can use two different syntaxes: 1.) USING, GIVING sorts are comparable to external sorts with no extra file processing; 2) INPUT PROCEDURE, OUTPUT PROCEDURE sorts allow for data manipulation before and/or after the sort.
Showing Answers 1 - 12 of 12 Answers
- Difference between stlc and bug life cycle
- Idmt and buchholz relay
- Why neutral is not used in delta circuit?
- Entropy and enthalpy
- Identify common web ui object properties
- Oracle Apps attribute and GLobal attribute
- Oracle 11g architecture
- Remove duplicate stage
- Finance & accounts
- Dns server faults
- Adding interface to multiple inheritance in C++ language
- Object and relational view
- Copy data from pds to vsam
- Etl testing insurance project
- Decode and case
- Mobile and desktop testing
- Alias and reference shorcuts in cognos
- Oracle DBA upgrade concepts
- A good tester vs. Good leader
- RMAN logical and physical backup