What is difference between % ROWTYPE and TYPE RECORD ?
% ROWTYPE is to be used whenever query returns a entire row of a table or view. TYPE rec RECORD is to be used whenever query returns columns of differenttable or views and variables. E.g. TYPE r_emp is RECORD (eno emp.empno% type,ename emp ename %type); e_rec emp% ROWTYPE cursor c1 is select empno,deptno from emp; e_rec c1 %ROWTYPE.
Showing Answers 1 - 13 of 13 Answers
- Read the following code and then implement the following parts:
- Difference between stlc and bug life cycle
- Identify common web ui object properties
- Oracle Apps attribute and GLobal attribute
- Oracle 11g architecture
- Finance & accounts
- How to generate a star pattern using Informatica?
- V-model and fish model
- Manual testing brd and srs documents
- SQL to retrieve the 5th record only
- Object and relational view
- Decode and case
- Mobile and desktop testing
- Alias and reference shorcuts in cognos
- RMAN logical and physical backup
- Find function and query find function
- Test plan for transactional banking
- Difference between peopletools 8.52 and 8.54
- 2nd highest record from each group basis on manager id including manager itself as well (null group)