Difference between ado.net data set and ADO Record set
Editorial / Best Answerramakrishnag1982
1) A DataSet can represent an entire relational database in memory, complete with tables, relations, and views, A Recordset can not.
2) A DataSet is designed to work without any continuing connection to the original data source; Recordset maintains the contentious connection with the original data source.
3) There's no concept of cursor types in a DataSet, They are bulk loaded, while Recordset work with cursors and they are loaded on demand.
4) DataSets have no current record pointer, you can use For Each loops to move through the data. Recordsets have pointers to move through them.
- QTP launch application methods
- What are different data structures supported by PL/SQL.??
- Citrix vdi and citrix xendesktop
- Xenapp 6.0 and xenapp 6.5
- What is the difference body & neutral earthing ?
- What are the basic difference between re-insurance and insurance claim handling?
- How to convert varchar to date ?
- Business rule & business validation
- What is the difference between subnetmask and host
- What is difference between win XP and win 7
- Launch any application methods in QTP
- Trigger - insert into one table update into another table
- What are transformation rules in data mapping
- Print with SQL code
- Consumption for 20 km under ground cable
- Microstrategy differences
- Aggregations for a system
- What is the difference between a Java developer and Java designer?
- Cash management service