Difference between ado.net data set and ADO Record set
Editorial / Best Answerramakrishnag1982
1) A DataSet can represent an entire relational database in memory, complete with tables, relations, and views, A Recordset can not.
2) A DataSet is designed to work without any continuing connection to the original data source; Recordset maintains the contentious connection with the original data source.
3) There's no concept of cursor types in a DataSet, They are bulk loaded, while Recordset work with cursors and they are loaded on demand.
4) DataSets have no current record pointer, you can use For Each loops to move through the data. Recordsets have pointers to move through them.
- Oracle cursors in PL/SQL
- Design a dwh table based on the given source
- Update strategy
- Moving data from 1 table to another
- Difference between active & reactive power meters
- Difference between 11i and r12
- Informatica mapping question
- Dataset stage and sequential file stage
- Having single input source want three different outputs.
- Maintaining data integrity
- What is the difference body & neutral earthing ?
- What are the basic difference between re-insurance and insurance claim handling?
- How to convert varchar to date ?
- Print with SQL code
- Business rule & business validation
- What is the difference between subnetmask and host
- Consumption for 20 km under ground cable
- Microstrategy differences
- Aggregations for a system
- What is the difference between a Java developer and Java designer?