Difference between ado.net data set and ADO Record set
Editorial / Best Answerramakrishnag1982
1) A DataSet can represent an entire relational database in memory, complete with tables, relations, and views, A Recordset can not.
2) A DataSet is designed to work without any continuing connection to the original data source; Recordset maintains the contentious connection with the original data source.
3) There's no concept of cursor types in a DataSet, They are bulk loaded, while Recordset work with cursors and they are loaded on demand.
4) DataSets have no current record pointer, you can use For Each loops to move through the data. Recordsets have pointers to move through them.
- What is difference between ipv4 & ipv6?
- How to copy data from one table to another table having data
- Record mismatch
- Triggering events in Oracle
- What is the difference between unearned revenue and unbilled receivables?
- Exploratory testing
- Difference between is and as in Oracle
- Array differences
- Composite and alloy
- Db2 data types
- Write a simple program to organize student marks ?
- What is difference between tcp and udp and which is preferable
- Controlled and uncontrolled redundancy
- How we can use the hierarchy in webi at prompt level
- Post interview question - assignment - to write a test plan with test cases.
- Extracting data from SAP r/s using Informatica
- What is the difference between sequence diagram and collaboration diagram?
- What is the difference between disaster recovery at the data link layer and the transport layer?
- C program to compare two text files
- In procedures we can use record type is possible or not?