Difference between ado.net data set and ADO Record set
Editorial / Best Answerramakrishnag1982
1) A DataSet can represent an entire relational database in memory, complete with tables, relations, and views, A Recordset can not.
2) A DataSet is designed to work without any continuing connection to the original data source; Recordset maintains the contentious connection with the original data source.
3) There's no concept of cursor types in a DataSet, They are bulk loaded, while Recordset work with cursors and they are loaded on demand.
4) DataSets have no current record pointer, you can use For Each loops to move through the data. Recordsets have pointers to move through them.
- How to achieve this?
- Windows 2000 vs windows 2000 server
- Preparing salary sheet
- Half controlled and full controlled rectifier
- Log sequence number and checkpoint id
- Materialised view
- Fetching of two files and form one file
- Network printer and shared printer
- Selenium close() & quit() methods
- Difference between online citrix plugin and offline citrix plugin
- Difference between impicit index and explicit cursor
- Test data conditioning
- Record to report (r2r) complete cycle
- Measuring database usage
- Handling complex financial project
- Data warehouse testing participants
- Selenium lists and array lists
- Horizontal and vertical clustering
- Single thread and multiple thread
- Filter out errors