Difference between ado.net data set and ADO Record set
Editorial / Best Answerramakrishnag1982
1) A DataSet can represent an entire relational database in memory, complete with tables, relations, and views, A Recordset can not.
2) A DataSet is designed to work without any continuing connection to the original data source; Recordset maintains the contentious connection with the original data source.
3) There's no concept of cursor types in a DataSet, They are bulk loaded, while Recordset work with cursors and they are loaded on demand.
4) DataSets have no current record pointer, you can use For Each loops to move through the data. Recordsets have pointers to move through them.
- Generate the occurrence number in output file
- Project data model
- Which table will load first - fact or dimension table?
- Store rejected record
- How to load 2 files data into a single file without using join stage
- Identify critical invoice in SAP
- Identify header, detail and trailer records
- Joiner data and index cache
- Load last 3 records using parameter file
- Transformer based ups vs transformer less ups
- Roll back and roll forward
- Perform funnel
- Data set removed why
- To add the runtime property of an object into the excel sheet
- Salary provision
- Collections get nth record from index by table
- Load a date field value from sequencial file to databse table with out using transformer
- Filters and restricted columns
- Report studio restrict user to add new data item
- C based on data structure