Difference between ado.net data set and ADO Record set
Editorial / Best Answerramakrishnag1982
1) A DataSet can represent an entire relational database in memory, complete with tables, relations, and views, A Recordset can not.
2) A DataSet is designed to work without any continuing connection to the original data source; Recordset maintains the contentious connection with the original data source.
3) There's no concept of cursor types in a DataSet, They are bulk loaded, while Recordset work with cursors and they are loaded on demand.
4) DataSets have no current record pointer, you can use For Each loops to move through the data. Recordsets have pointers to move through them.
- Load excel data into Oracle database
- Distribution of number of rows equally.
- Coding question
- What is the difference between pinion and gear
- What is difference between ipv4 & ipv6?
- What is difference between tcp and udp and which is preferable
- How to copy data from one table to another table having data
- Record mismatch
- Triggering events in Oracle
- What is the difference between unearned revenue and unbilled receivables?
- Input file ----100 records.
- SAP question regarding sales order data
- How to join data from two partitions of a multifile in abinitio..!
- What is the difference between loop and function recursion?
- How data flows from hyperion drm to other applications?
- How to dump rest webservice data into Oracle 11g
- What is difference between dns & gns ?
- Write a simple program to organize student marks ?
- Controlled and uncontrolled redundancy
- How we can use the hierarchy in webi at prompt level