What is the difference between data reader and data adapter ?
Editorial / Best Answer
Answered by: Madhukar Singh
DateReader is an forward only and read only cursor type if you are accessing data through DataRead it shows the data on the web form/control but you can not perform the paging feature on that record(because it's forward only type). Reader is best fit to show the Data (where no need to work on data)
DataAdapter is not only connect with the Databse(through Command object) it provide four types of command (InsertCommand, UpdateCommand, DeleteCommand, SelectCommand), It supports to the disconnected Architecture of .NET show we can populate the records to the DataSet. where as Dataadapter is best fit to work on data.
- Oracle cursors in PL/SQL
- Design a dwh table based on the given source
- Update strategy
- Moving data from 1 table to another
- Difference between active & reactive power meters
- Difference between 11i and r12
- Dataset stage and sequential file stage
- Having single input source want three different outputs.
- Maintaining data integrity
- What is the difference between trigger and constraints ?
- What is the difference body & neutral earthing ?
- What are the basic difference between re-insurance and insurance claim handling?
- How to convert varchar to date ?
- Print with SQL code
- Business rule & business validation
- What is the difference between subnetmask and host
- Microstrategy differences
- Aggregations for a system
- What is the difference between a Java developer and Java designer?
- Cash management service