What is the difference between data reader and data adapter ?
Editorial / Best Answer
Answered by: Madhukar Singh
DateReader is an forward only and read only cursor type if you are accessing data through DataRead it shows the data on the web form/control but you can not perform the paging feature on that record(because it's forward only type). Reader is best fit to show the Data (where no need to work on data)
DataAdapter is not only connect with the Databse(through Command object) it provide four types of command (InsertCommand, UpdateCommand, DeleteCommand, SelectCommand), It supports to the disconnected Architecture of .NET show we can populate the records to the DataSet. where as Dataadapter is best fit to work on data.
- Load excel data into Oracle database
- Distribution of number of rows equally.
- Coding question
- What is the difference between pinion and gear
- What is difference between ipv4 & ipv6?
- What is difference between tcp and udp and which is preferable
- How to copy data from one table to another table having data
- Record mismatch
- Triggering events in Oracle
- What is the difference between unearned revenue and unbilled receivables?
- SAP question regarding sales order data
- How to join data from two partitions of a multifile in abinitio..!
- What is the difference between loop and function recursion?
- How data flows from hyperion drm to other applications?
- How to dump rest webservice data into Oracle 11g
- What is difference between dns & gns ?
- Write a simple program to organize student marks ?
- Controlled and uncontrolled redundancy
- How we can use the hierarchy in webi at prompt level
- Post interview question - assignment - to write a test plan with test cases.