What are the types of Transmission media?
Signals are usually transmitted over some transmission media that are broadly classified in to two categories.Guided Media:These are those that provide a conduit from one device to another that include twisted-pair, coaxial cable and fiber-optic cable. A signal traveling along any of these media is directed and is contained by the physical limits of the medium. Twisted-pair and coaxial cable use metallic that accept and transport signals in the form of electrical current. Optical fiber is a glass or plastic cable that accepts and transports signals in the form of light.Unguided Media: This is the wireless media that transport electromagnetic waves without using a physical conductor. Signals are broadcast either through air. This is done through radio communication, satellite communication and cellular telephony.
Showing Answers 1 - 7 of 7 Answers
- Types of blocks in hyperion
- Chicken and egg
- Chair test case
- Identify automation test case
- Citrix authentication
- Buy three types of stamps five each
- Types of network
- Users in MySQL
- Dns query
- PL/SQL triggers
- Inductance in transmission lines
- 132kv transmission line
- Computer network node packet transmission
- Testing scenarios in client payroll system
- What is memory in server and types of it(paged/non paged)
- Write a program that calculates and prints the bill ?
- What is the difference between disaster recovery at the data link layer and the transport layer?
- Domestic refrigeration
- Explain the types of locks in SAP ?