Explain briefly about, processor, assembler, compiler, loader, linker and the functions executed by them?
Processor:--A processor is the part a computer system that executes instructions .It is also called a CPU Assembler: -- An assembler is a program that takes basic computer instructions and converts them into a pattern of bits that the computer's processor can use to perform its basic operations. Some people call these instructions assembler language and others use the term assembly language. Compiler: --- A compiler is a special program that processes statements written in a particular programming language and turns them into machine language or "code" that a computer's processor uses. Typically, a programmer writes language statements in a language such as Pascal or C one line at a time using an editor. The file that is created contains what are called the source statements. The programmer then runs the appropriate language compiler, specifying the name of the file that contains the source statements. Loader:--In a computer operating system, a loader is a component that locates a given program (which can be an application or, in some cases, part of the operating system itself) in offline storage (such as a hard disk), loads it into main storage (in a personal computer, it's called random access memory), and gives that program control of the compute Linker: -- Linker performs the linking of libraries with the object code to make the object code into an executable machine code.
Showing Answers 1 - 6 of 6 Answers
- What is the use of inspect verb in cobol?
- Sequential file stage
- Recursive function
- Which type micro processor is used in computers?
- Explain white box testing related to Java ?
- What is the difference between pass data item value and pass parameter value ?
- Why we have to perform calculation part in functions?
- Impedance matching
- Do you ever test if the defect is closed? If yes then explain?
- Diffrence between product costing and process costing?
- Explain the types of locks in SAP ?
- What is the difference in C and Java ?
- Explain the AP invoice processing cycle
- Java project architecture
- How will you differentiate the transformer
- Explain soil dynamics and machine foundation ?
- Program to stimulate timer of an test
- Explain how structures can be used with in function