If there is same Component X in two different menus, menu1 and menu2 and if u want to assign a different search record for each menu, then which peoplecode function do u use and where do u write the code?

Showing Answers 1 - 9 of 9 Answers


  • May 12th, 2005

I think, You can write code in Menu- ItemSelected Event. I need to cross-check.

  Was this answer useful?  Yes


  • May 24th, 2005

Can be done from Menu Item Properties, where there an option of specifying search record which will have precedence over the one specified in the component properties.


  • Jul 29th, 2005

Can be written in the component prebuild event. PeopleCode can be written to get the current Menuname and based on that chenge the Search Record

  Was this answer useful?  Yes


  • Sep 29th, 2005


   None of the solutions seems to be working for me.....

Parvaty: could you send me a sample Peoplecode for ur solution...

I would appreciate if reply is asap.

  Was this answer useful?  Yes


  • Oct 4th, 2005

Hi u can do it by clicking checkbox override in menu item properties u have to specify search record after clicking override this way u can Override the component search record.

  Was this answer useful?  Yes


  • Jun 1st, 2006

If u want to override search recond mention it in menu item properties

  Was this answer useful?  Yes

jaipal redy

  • Nov 7th, 2006

In menu item properties (i.e where u tie the component to the menu), there u have an option to override the present component. specify the new component name that u want to attach for that menu.

hope it works and should work

  Was this answer useful?  Yes

Muruga Ganesh

  • Aug 16th, 2012

You can use the menu override option to specify your search record for the respective menu.

  Was this answer useful?  Yes

In the record field properties where you want the the dynamic search record -- change it to Table Edit and in the prompt table write %derived.
in the component prebuild code
change the search record specific to the menu.

  Was this answer useful?  Yes

Give your answer:

If you think the above answer is not correct, Please select a reason and add your answer below.


Related Answered Questions


Related Open Questions