Infosys Puzzles 2005
Submitted by Akshay
1. Three neighbors are there. 1st one lends 2nd and 3rd that many no. of tractors that then already each had. After few months, 2nd lends to 1st and 3rd that many tractors then they had. After a few months 3rd lends to 1st and 2nd that many tractors then they had. Now each of them got 24. Find how many they had initially?
Ans: 39 21 12
2. 3 members expect which will be the elected party among 4 parties namely Flying party, Eatwell, Good sleep, Loosing parties
X expects that either f.p or e.w.p will win.
Y expects that either f.p or g.s will win
Z expects that neither e.w.p nor g.s.p will win
One part of each members statement is correct. Which party will win?
3. Three members are hunting in a forest. While crossing a stream cartridges of two of them gets wetted up. Then the third person divides his cartidges equally. After 4 shots of each person, total cartridges remaining are equal to what each had initially after sharing. How many total cartridges they initially they shared?
Y/3 Y/3 Y/3
Y/3-4 Y/3-4 Y/3-4
4. All members belonging to D are members of A
Some members of A does not belong to D
5 questions are there.
5. Boys are allowed to watch football at c.v.Raman auditorium subjected to conditions.
1. the boy over age 16 can wear overcoat
2. no boy over age 15 can wear cap
3. to watch the football either he has to wear overcoat or cap or both
4. a boy with an umbrella or above 16 or both cannot wear sweater.
5. boys must either not watch football or wear sweater.
What is the appearance of the boy who is watching football.
Ans: Who are above 15 and below 16 with cap. :
1.My neighbor has seven children. Every brother has equal no. of brothers and sisters, but each sister has twice as many brothers as sisters?
2.There are 11more animals than birds in a pet shop. If there are as many birds as animals and if there are as many animals as birds the no. of legs is 4/5 of the original. How many birds and animals are there?
3. One soap can be made out of the scraps obtained while preparing 11 soaps. How many soaps can be prepared out of the scrap obtained out of 251 soaps. (Take all possibilities)
4. There is a 5digit no. 3 pairs of sum is eleven each.
Last digit is 3 times the first one.
3 rd digit is 3 less than the second.
4 th digit is 4 more than the second one.
Find the digit.
Ans : 25296.
Find out the X's and seven is not there in the calculation.
6. There are 5 burglars and once went to a bakery to rob it obviously The first guy ate 1/2 of the total bread and 1/2 of the bread The second guy ate 1/2 of the remaining and 1/2 of the bread. The third guy ,fourth guy and fifth guy did the same. After fifth
guy there is no bread left out. How many bread are there?
7. The main line train starts at 5.00AM and the harbor line train starts at 5.02AM.Each train has the frequency of 10 minutes. If a guy goes in the morning at a random time what is the probability of he getting main line train?
8. There is 66x33m rectangular area. Ram is 11/8 times faster than Krishna. Both of them started walking at opposite ends and they met at some point then, Ram said "See you in the other end" Then they continued walking. After some time Ram thought he will have tea so he turned back walked back 15 meters then he changed his mind again and continued walking .How much Krishna has traveled by the time they meet?
9. There are some chicken in a poultry. They are fed with corn. One sack of corn will come for 9 days. The farmer decides to sell some chicken and wanted to hold 12 chicken with him. He cuts the feed by 10% and sack of corn comes for 30 days. So initially how many chicken are there?
10.Escalator Problem. A person walking takes 26 steps to come down on a escalator and it takes 30 seconds for him for walking. The same person while running takes 18 second and 34 steps. How many steps are there in the escalator?
1. There are 4 married couples out of which 3 a group is needed . But there should not be his of her spouse. How many groups are possible ?
2. In the 4 digits 1,2,3,4 how many 4 digested numbers are possible which are divisible by 4? Repetitions are allowed
3. Two men are going along a track rail in the opposite direction. One goods train crossed the first person in 20 sec. After 10 min the train crossed the other person who is coming in opposite direction in 18 sec .After the train has passed, when the two persons will meet?
Approx 72min check it once.
4. The no. of children adults . The no .of adults the no .of boys . The no. of boys no. of girls .The no. of girls no. of family conditions
1. No family is without a child
2. Every girl has at least one brother and sister .
Ans cabgf; 9 6 5 4 3 .
6. There are 4 boys Anand, Anandya, Madan and Murali with nick names perich, zomie, drummy and madeena not in the same order. Some conditions
Ans Anand : Perich
Madan : Zombie
7. There are 2 diamonds, 1 spade and 1 club and 1ace and also 1 king , 1 jack and 1 ace are arranged in a straight line
1.The king is at third place
2.Theleft of jack is a heart and its right is king
3.No two red colors are in consecutive.
4.The queens are separated by two cards. Write the order which suits (hearts ,clubs )and names jacks queens etc.)
8. Write each statements true or false
1.The sum of the1st three statements and the 2nd false statement gives the true statement.
2.The no. of true statements false statement
3. The sum of 2nd true statement and 1st false statement gives the first true statement.
4. There are at most 3 false statements
5.There is no two consecutive true statements
6.If this contains only 1-5 statements, the answer of this is same as the an answer of the following question
9.Question on Venn diagram.
All handsome are also fair skinned
Some muscular are fair skinned
Some muscular are also handsome
All lean are also muscular
Some lean are also fair skinned.
All rich man is not fair skinned but all rich man are handsome
10 There are 3 piles each contain 10 15 20 stones. There are A,B,C,D,F,G and H persons. One man can catch unto four stones from any pile. The last man who takes will win. If first A starts next B. and so on who will win?
Ans May be F
1 Internet revolution
2.Media for youth
1. 9 cards are there. u have to arrange them in a 3*3 matrix. cards are of 4 colors. they are red,yellow,blue,green.
conditions for arrangement:
one red card must be in first row or second row.
2 green cards should be in 3rd column.
Yellow cards must be in the 3 corners only.
Two blue cards must be in the 2nd row.
At least one green card in each row.
Yellow Red Green
Blue Blue Green
Yellow Green Yellow
2. 4 cards are placed on a table, each card has two colors. U don't know the color of the back side of each card.4 persons A B C and D are sitting on the table before the cards. They can see Red, Green, Red and blue .Out of the 4 people 2 always lie. They see the color on the reverse side and give the following comment
B: Neither Blue/nor Green
D: Blue/ Yello
find out the color on the other side of the 4 cards.
3. Red and brown tribes [FROM BARRONS GRE] Conditions to get married with each other.
4. Venn diagram regarding Rich, muscular, soft-skinned, employed, etc.,( Refer BARRONS GRE GUIDE)
1. Two people X & Y walk on the wall of a go down in opposite direction. They meet at a point on one side and then go ahead. X after walking for some time, walks in opposite direction for 15 mtrs. Then again he turns back and walks in the original direction. What distance did Y walk before they met again, if X walks 11 mtrs by the time Y walks 8 mtrs.
2. Problem from SAKUNTALA DEVI 'PUZZLES TO PUZZLE U'. Problem no: 23( Walking back to happiness.)
The walking time : 55 mins.
1. There are twelve consecutive flags at an equal interval of distance. A man passes the 8th flag in 8 seconds. How many more seconds will he take to pass the remaining 4 flags ?
2. A person has to cover the fixed distance through his horses. There are five horses in the cart. They ran at the full potential for the 24 hours continuously at constant speed and then two of the horses ran away to some other direction. So he reached the destination 48 hours behind the schedule. If the five horses would have run 50 miles more, then the person would have been only 24 hours late. Find the distance of the destination.
3. A boat M leaves shore A and at the same time boat B leaves shore B. They move across the river. They met at 500 yards away from A and after that they met 300 yards away from shore B without halting at shores. Find the distance between the shore A & B.
4. A person was going through train from Bombay to Pune. After every five minutes he finds a train coming from opposite direction. Velocity of trains are equal of either direction. If the person reached Pune in one hour then how many trains he saw in the journey ?
5. Food grains are to be sent to city from go down. Owner wants to reach the food grains at 11 O' Clock in the city. If a truck travels at a speed of 30km/hr then he will reach the city one hour earlier. If the truck travels at a speed of 20km/h then he will reach the city one hour late. Find the distance between the go down to city. Also with which speed the truck should travel in order to reach at exactly 11 'O clock.
6. Praveen, Ranjan, Shiva went to dinner in the city. (There were some conditions given as someone always take tea after dinner where as some take coffee after dinner whereas someones choice is inspired by the choice of others. One question of this type is given given in the MIND TEASURES -By Summers.)
Ans: Ranjan & Shiva
7. There are five persons A,B,C,D,E whose birthdays occur at the consecutive days. Birthday of A is some days or day before C & birthday of B is exactly the same days or day after E. D is two days older than E. If birth day of C is on Wednesday then find out the birthdays of other.
1. Statements given by different family members.
1. B is my father's brother
2. E is my mother-in-law.
3. C is my son-in -law's brother
4. A is my brother's wife.
A,B,C,D,E are the family members. Who made above statements and give their relations.
Ans: A,B are couple.
E is B's brother-in-law.
D is B's son.
C is B's brother
Ans: statement Member
2. e means belong.
All members of E e D.
All members of D e A.
Not all members of D e E.
Not all members of A e D.
All members of C e both A and B.
some questions are asked about relation. use venn diagram.
3. Fill the empty slots. Three FOOTBALL teams are there. Given below the list of matches. you have to fill the blanks at appropriate star symbols
played won lost draw Goals for Goals against
A 2 2 *0 *0 *7 1
B 2 *0 *1 1 2 4
C 2 *0 *1 *1 3 7
the slots with stars are answers. 4 marks
BC drew with 2-2
A won on B by 2-0
a won on C by 5-1
4. Three girls are discussing about the party which they attended in the past.
1st girl: Party was on May 8Th , Thursday.
2nd girl: Party was on May 10th ,Tuesday.
3rd girl: Party was on June 8th Friday.
1.One girl's statement totally wrong.
2.In one girl's statement only one part is correct( means it may be date, year or month).
3.In another girl's statement except one part , every thing is true.
Find the Day the party held. (5marks).
Ans :May 8th Tuesday may be correct) (ans may be MAY 10 SUNDAY. check once again)
5. A ship is away from the shore by 180 miles. A plane is traveling at 10 times speed of the ship. How long from the shore will they meet? (200miles) Distance travelled by plane = 1/10 distance traveled by ship + 180
6. Every station in N railroad issue every other station's ticket. some stations are added. Now they have to issue 46 more tickets. say the No. of stations after and before added.
Ans. let N(N-1) = t;
(N+x)(N+x-1) = t+46;
trail and error method x=2 and N=11
7. 3 persons say these statements.
A says either Democratic or liberal wins the elections.
B says Democratic wins.C says neither democratic nor liberal wins the election.
Of these only one is wrong. who wins the election?
8. A clock showing 6 o'clock takes 30 secs to strike 6 times. How long will it take to strike 12 at midnight?
1. A software engineer starts from home at 3pm for evening walk. He walks speed of 4kmph on level ground and then at a speed of 3kmph on the uphill and then down the hill at a speed of 6kmph to the level ground and then at a speed of 4kmph to the home
If he reaches home at 9pm. What is the distance on the way
ans 24 km
2. A bag contains certain number of files, Each file is numbered with one digit of 0 to 9. Suppose the person wants to get the number between 1 to 2000(or 7000 check). How many minimum no. of files should be present in the bag.
3. A + B + C +D = D + E + F + G = G + H + I =17. If A = 4. What are the values of D and G. Each letter taken only one of the digit from 1 to 9.
ans: A = 4 ,B = 2, C =6, D = 5, E = 3, F = 8, G = 1, H = 7, I = 9.
4. Six persons A,B,C,D,E &F went to soldier cinema. There are six consecutive seats. A sits in the first seat followed by B, followed by C and so on. If A taken on of the six seats, then B should sit adjacent to A. C should sit adjacent to A or B. D should sit adjacent to A, B or C and so on. How many possibilities are there ?
5. Suppose there are four grades A, B, C, D. (A is the best and D is the worst) 4 persons Jack, Jean, Poul and Lucy wrote the final exam and made the statements like this
1. Jack: If I will get A then Lucy will get D
2. Lucy: If I will get C then Jack will get D. Jack grade is better than Poul grade.
3. Jean: If Jean doesn't get A then Jack will not get A
4. Poul: If Jack get A, then Jean will not get B, Lucy will get C, I won't either A or B
If all the above statements are true, then which person will get which grade.
6. Each man dances with 3 women, Each women dances with 3 men. Among each pair of men they have exactly two women in common. Find the no. of men and women.
1. Internet Revolution
2. Role of Media for young
1. A man collects cigarette stubs and makes one full cigarette with every 8 stubs. If he gets 64 stubs how many full cigarettes can he smoke.
2. A soldier looses his way in a thick jungle. At random he walks from his camp but mathematically in an interesting fashion. First he walks one mile East then half mile to North. Then 1/4 mile to West, then 1/8 mile to South and so on making a loop. Finally how far he is from his camp and in which direction.
Ans: Distance traveled in north and south directions
1/2 - 1/8 + 1/32 - 1/128 + 1/512 - and so on
Similarly in east and west directions
1- 1/4 + 1/16 - 1/64 + 1/256 - and so on
= 1/(( 1- ( - 1/4))
Add both the answers
3. How can 1000000000 be written as a product of two factors neither of them containing zeros
Ans: 2 power 9 x 5 power 9
4. Conversation between two mathematicians:
First : I have three children. The product of their ages is 36.
If you sum their ages, it is exactly same as my neighbor's door number on my left.
The second mathematician verifies the door number and says that it is not sufficient.
Then the first says " Ok one more clue is that my youngest is really the youngest". Immediately the second mathematician answers .
Can you answer the question asked by the first mathematician?
What are the children ages?
Ans 1,6 and 6
5. Light glows for every 13 seconds . How many times did it glow between 1:57:58 and 3:20:47 am.
Ans : 383 + 1 = 384
6. 500 men are arranged in an array of 10 rows and 50 columns according to their heights.
Tallest among each row of all are asked to fall out.
And the shortest among them is A.
Similarly after resuming that to their original positions that the shortest among each column are asked to fall out.
And the tallest among them is B .
Now who is taller among A and B ?
7. A person with some money spends1/3 for cloths, 1/5 of the remaining for food and 1/4 of the remaining for travel.
He is left with Rs 100/- How much did he have with him in the beginning ?
Ans: Rs 250/-
8. There are six boxes containing 5 , 7 , 14 , 16 , 18 , 29 balls of either red or blue in color. Some boxes contain only red balls and others contain only blue. One sales man sold one box out of them and then he says
" I have the same number of red balls left out as that of blue ".
Which box is the one he sold out ?
Ans: Total no of balls = 89 and (89-29 /2) = 60/2 = 30 and also 14 + 16 = 5 + 7 + 18 = 30
9. A chain is broken into three pieces of equal lengths containing 3 links each. It is taken to a blacksmith to join into a single continuous one. How many links are to to be opened to make it ?
Ans : 2.
10. Grass in lawn grows equally thick and in a uniform rate. It takes 24 days for 70 cows and 60 days for 30 cows to eat the whole of the grass. How many cows are needed to eat the grass in 96 days.?
Ans : 20
g - grass at the beginning
r - rate at which grass grows, per day
y - rate at which one cow eats grass, per day
n - no of cows to eat the grass in 96 days
g + 24*r = 70 * 24 * y
g + 60*r = 30 * 60 * y
g + 96*r = n * 96 * y
Solving, n = 20.
11. There is a certain four digit number whose fourth digit is twice the first digit. Third digit is three more than second digit. Sum of the first and fourth digits twice the third number. What was that number ?
ans : 2034 and 4368
1. From a vessel on the first day, 1/3rd of the liquid evaporates. On the second day 3/4th of the remaining liquid evaporates. what fraction of the volume is present at the end of the II day. Ans 50%
Another similar question
X liters of liquid is in a glass. First day 1/3 rd of it was evaporated. II nd day 1/2 of the rest was evaporated. What is the last fraction of liquid. For this answer is 1/3
2. An orange glass has orange juice. and white glass has apple juice. Both have equal volume. 50ml of the orange juice is taken and poured into the apple juice. 50ml from the white glass is poured into the orange glass. Of the two quantities, the amount of apple juice in the orange glass and the amount of orange juice in the white glass, which one is greater and by how much?
ans: two quantities are equal
3. There is a 4 inch cube painted on all sides. This is cut into no of 1 inch cubes. What is the no of cubes which have no pointed sides.
4. Sam and Mala have a conversation. Sam says I am certainly not over 40. Mala says I am 38 and you are at least 5 years older than me. Now Sam says you are at least 39. All the statements by the two are false. How hold are they really.
ans: Mala is 38 years. Sam is 41 years.
5. Ram singh goes to his office in the city, every day from his suburban house. His driver Mangaram drops him at the railway station in the morning and picks him up in the evening. Every evening Ram singh reaches the station at 5 o'clock. Mangaram also reaches at the same time. one day Ramsingh started early from his office and came to the station at 4 o'clock. Not wanting to wait for the car he starts walking home. Mangaram starts at normal time, picks him up on the way and takes him back house, half an hour early. How much time did Ram singh walk.
Ans: 45 minutes
6. Some people went for vacation. unfortunately it rained for 13 days when they were there. But whenever it rained in the morning, they had clean afternoon and vice versa. In all they enjoyed 11 morning and 12 afternoons. How many days did they stay there totally
7. A survey was taken among 100 people to find their preference of watching t.v. programmes. There are 3 channels. Given no of
people who watch
at least channel 1
" " 2
" " 3
no channels at all
atleast channels 1and 3
" " 1 and 2
" " 2 and 3
find the no of people who watched all three.
8. Albert and Fernandes have two leg swimming race. Both start from opposite and of the pool. On the first leg, the boys pass each other at 18 mt from the deep end of the pool. During the II leg they pass at 10 mt from the shallow end of the pool. Both go at const speed. But one of them is faster. Each boy rests for 4 sec to see at the end of the I leg. What is the length of the pool.
9.. T H I S Each alphabet stands for one
I S digit, what is the maximum value T
-------------- can take
X F X X
X X U X
X X N X X
ans T max value = 4
1. An escalator is descending at constant speed. A walks down and takes 50 steps to reach the bottom. B runs down and takes 90 steps in the same time as A takes 10 steps. How many steps are visible when the escalator is not operating.
ans: 150 steps
2. Every day a cyclist meets a train at a particular crossing. The road is straight before the crossing and both are traveling in the same direction. Cyclist travels with a speed of 10 Kmph. One day the cyclist comes late by 25 min. and meets the train 5km before the crossing. What is the speed of the train.
ans: 60 kmph
3. Five persons Muckarjee, Misra, Iyer, Patil and Sharma, all take their first or middle names in the full names. There are 4 persons having I or middle name of kumar, 3 persons with Mohan, 2 persons with dev and 1 anil.
--Either mukherjee and patil have a I or middle name of dev or misra and iyer have their I or middle name of dev of mukherkjee and misra
--either both of them have a first or middle name of mohan or neither have a first or middle name of mohan
--either iyer of sharma has a I or middle name of kumar hut not both.
who has the I or middle name of anil
Anil Kumar Mukherjee
Kumar Misra dev
Mohan Iyer dev
kumar Patil mohan
Mohan Sharma kumar
5. A bird keeper has got P pigeon, M mynas and S sparrows. The keeper goes for lunch leaving his assistant to watch the birds. suppose p=10, m=5, s=8
a. when the bird keeper comes back, the assistant informs that x birds have escaped. The bird keeper exclaims oh no! all my sparrows are gone. How many birds flew away.
b. when the bird keeper come back, the assistant told him that x birds have escaped. The keeper realized that at least 2 sparrows have escaped.
What is minimum no of birds that can escape.
6. Select from the five alternatives A,B,C,D,E
At the end of each question , two conditions will be given. The choices are to filled at follows.
a. if a definite conclusion can be drawn from condition 1
b. if a definite conclusion can be drawn from condition 2
c. if a definite conclusion can be drawn from condition 1 and 2
d. if a definite conclusion can be drawn from condition 1 or 2
e. no conclusion can be drawn using both conditions
1. person 1 says N<5
person 2 says n>5
person 3 says 3N>20
person 4 says 3n>10
person 5 says N<8
what is the value of N
a) 1. no of persons who speak false being less than no of persons who tells the truth.
2. person 2 is telling the truth.
b) 1. no of persong telling the truth is greater than no of persons telling lies
2. person 5 is telling the truth.
7. There are N coins on a table. There are two players A&B. You can take 1or 2 coins at a time. The person who takes the last coin is the loser. A always starts first
--1. if N=7
a) A can always win by taking two coins in his first chance
b) B can win only if A takes two coins in his first chance.
c) B can always win by proper play
d) none of the above
--2. A can win by proper play if N is equal to
a) 13 b) 37 c) 22 d) 34 e) 48 ans. e.
--3. B can win by proper play if N is equal to
a) 25 b)26 c) 32 d) 41 e) none
--4. if N<4, can A win by proper play always
8. Two twins have certain peculiar characteristics. One of them always lies on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. The other always lies on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. On the other days they tell the truth. You are given a conversation.
person A-- today is sunday my name is anil
person B-- today is tuesday, my name is bill
ans: today is tuesday
1. There are 4 parties A,B,C,D. There are 3 people x,y,z.
X-says A or D will win.
Y-says A will not win.
Z-says B or D will not win.
Only one of them is true. Which party won.
2. A gardener has a peculiar way of planting trees. He plants 100 ft. towards east, then he plants 100ft. towards north 100ft. towards west, 98fts towards south. From that 98fts towards east, from that point 96fts towards north. When a man starts walking in the middle of the path outside garden. What is the total distance he traveled to reach the centre.
3. There is a T-agency in Mangalore and Bangalore. Total time taken in 9hrs. Trucks starts from both points at 6 a.m to 9 a.m in one hr intervals.
a. The truck when starts at 6 a.m in the morning mets how many trucks on the way.
b. How many trucks a truck which starts at 9 p.m will meet.
For a and b Ans.9
4. Ramesh has X rupees, on Monday beginning of the month. On every Monday his mother gives 10 rupees as pocket money. He spends half of what he had during that week on the 4th Monday of the month, when his mother gave his pocket Monday, he had 27 1/2 rupees . What was the Money he had in the beginning.
5. R,S,T,U,V are contesting for a medal. Evaluation is over, sasy English, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Hindi. Toper will get 5 marks, least will get 1mark. No ties any where. R get 24 and won the overall medal. V-get I st in Chemistry and 3 rd in Hindi, T got consistent scores in 4 subjects. Their final standings where in the alphabetical order. What was the score of S in Chemistry.
6. There are 3 types of castes, say A,B,C. A- always tells truth, B- always false, C- alternating.
X says --> Z is of C type, I am of A type
Y says --> X is a B type.
Z says --> X is of B type.
Who is of which type.
7.. There are two families Sinha and Gupta with 2 children each. Pratap, Praveen, Lalit and Rajesh are 4 children. Each family has 2 children. All the children ages are approx. to the nearest integer. We have to find which all children are in which family and their corresponding ages which are <11.
1. Praveen is the eldest one.
2. Pratap is 5 years older then the youngest of the family .
3. Lalit is 1/2 of the age of the eldest of the Gupta family.
8. In a bank there is a Teller, Manager and Cashier says x,s etc.,
1. Teller is one who earns least
2. X has married S's sister.
3. Cashier earns more than manager.
Find out who is who.
ans. Cashier's wife is manager, X is the cashier, S is sister of the manager.
1. There is a robbery and four persons are suspected. Out of them one is actual thief, these are the sentences said by each one of them!
A says D had done
B says A had done
C says i didn't done
D B lied when he said that I am thief
out of these only one man is true remaining are false
ans: C is thief, D is true!
2. How many four digit numbers divisible by four can be formed using 1,2,3,4; repetitions are not allowed!
3. A vender sold two things at same cost of 12 RS with one item at 25%profit and other at 20%loss,by this transaction he made profit or loss by how much
ans: loss - 60paise
4. Two friends A,B are running up hill and then to get down! length of road is 440 yards A on his return journey met B going up at 20 yards from top, A has finished the race 5 minutes earlier than B, then how much time A had taken to complete the race.
Ans: 6.3 minutes
5. Barons question. diagnostic test question 8-12, 5 men and 5 women went for foot ball match.........
6. Write a five digit number, which will be having two prime numbers, and some two more conditions, like 1st digit greater than 2nd etc its easy (remember one is not a prime number, most people do mistake taking 1 as prime number)
7. Two employees were there.
Employee one says to employee two, 'your work experience twice as me'
Employee 2 says, 'exactly'
Employee 1 says, 'but two years before you said that your work experience is thrice as me'
Employee 2 says, 'yes its also true'
What are their work experience
8. Ther are four persons A,B,C,D and four languages english ,french ,german italian, conditions
1 only one language is spoken by more than two men
2 A dont know english
3 a man can speak either french or german but not both
4 all man cannot speak in a group (no common language)
5 A can mediate when B and C want to speak with each other
6 each men can speak two languages
A french italian
B english french
C german italian
D german italian
9. There are 3 women, they are having three jewels, named diamond, emerald and ruby
3 women A,B,C
3 thiefs D,E,F
Each thief had taken one jewel from each of the women following conditions
one who had taken diamond is the bachelor and most dangerous
D 's brother in law E who is less dangerous than the thief who had stolen emerald (this is the key from this E had stolen ruby)
D didn't stolen from B
one more condition is there
10. There were five persons out of which two persons hair went white and three persons hair is black. Conditions :
If A's hair is white then B's hair is white
A's hair is not black if C's hair is not black
two more conditions but we can easily solve it from first condition
ans is Aand B's hair is white
In this age of super computer computer will replace man!
What is contribution of industry towards human growth
1 Two time glasses 7,4 how you measure 9
2 Four persons have to cross the bridge they are having one torch light four persons take 1,2,5,10 minutes respectively , when two persons are going it will take the time of the slowest person. What's the time taken to cross all of them
3 A non uniform rope burns for one hour how you will measure half an hour
ans lit it from both sides!
1. There are two balls touching each other circumferentially. The radius of the big ball is 4 times the diameter of the small ball. The outer small ball rotates in anticlockwise direction circumferentially over the bigger one at the rate of 16 rev/sec. The bigger wheel also rotates anticlockwise at Nrev/sec. what is 'N' for the horizontal line from the centre of small wheel always is horizontal.
2. 1 2 3 4
+ 3 4 5 5
4 6 8 9
- 2 3 4 5
2 3 4 4
+ 1 2 5 4
3 6 9 8
Strike off any digit from each number in seven rows (need not be at same place) and combine the same operations with 3 digit numbers to get the same addition. After this strike off another digit from all and add all the No.s to get the same 2 digit No. perform the same process again with 1 digit No.s. Give the ' no.s in 7 rows at each stage.
3. There are 2 guards Bal and Pal walking on the side of a wall of a wearhouse(12m X 11m) in opposite directions. They meet at a point and Bal says to Pal "See you again in the other side". After a few moments of walking Bal decides to go back for a smoke but he changes his direction again to his previous one after 10 minutes of walking in the other (opposite) direction remembering that Pal will be waiting for to meet. If Bal and Pal walk 8 and 11 feet respectively, how much distance they would have traveled before meeting again.
Find the 5 digit No. Hint: 5 is used at least once in the calculation.
5. A fly is there 1 feet below the ceiling right across a wall length is 30m at equal distance from both the ends. There is a spider 1 feet above floor right across the long wall equidistant from both the ends. If the width of the room is 12m and 12m, what distance is to be traveled by the spider to catch the fly? if it takes the shortest path.
6. Ramesh sit around a round table with some other men. He has one rupee more than his right person and this person in turn has 1 rupee more than the person to his right and so on, Ramesh decided to give 1 rupee to his right & he in turn 2 rupees to his right and 3 rupees to his right & so on. This process went on till a person has 'no money' to give to his right. At this time he has 4 times the
money to his right person. How many men are there along with Ramesh and what is the money with poorest fellow.
7. Question related to probabilities of removing the red ball from a basket, given that two balls are removed from the basket and the other ball is red. The basket contains blue,red,yellow balls.
8. Venkat has 1 boy & 2 daughters. The product of these children age is 72. The sum of their ages give the door number of Venkat. Boy is elder of three. Can you tell the ages of all the three.
1. L:says all of my other 4 friends have money
M:says that P said that exact one has money
N:says that L said that precisely two have money
O:says that M said that 3 of others have money.
P:Land N said that they have money.
All are liers.Who has money & who doesn't have?
2. A hotel has two wings, the east wing and the west wing. some east wing rooms but not all have an ocean view(OV).All WW have a harbour view(HV).The charge for all rooms is identical, except as follows
* Extra charge for all HV rooms on or above the 3rd floor
* Extra charge for all OV rooms except those without balcony
* Extra charge for some HV rooms on the first two floor&some EW rooms without OV but having kitchen facilities.
Which of the following cannot be determined on the basis of the information given:
I. Whether there are any rooms without a balcony for which an extra charge is imposed.
II. Whether any room without a kitchen or a view involves an extra charge.
III. Whether two extra charges are imposed for any room.
(A) I only
(B) II only
(C) III only
(D) II and III only
(E) I, II and III
(This question is from 1999 Barrons GRE Guide model Test 3 - section 6, question 22)
3. Post man has a data of name surname door no. pet name of 4 families. But only one is correct for each family. There are a set of statements & questions.
4. 4 couples have a party. Depending on the set of statements, find who insulted whom and who is the host of the party.
5. Women given some of their heights (tall, medium, short), hair (long, plainted ), studs ( Black or Brown), sari,2 medium,2-short.Tall->no sari. Painted->medium.Answer the combinations.
1. A person has to go both Northwards & Southwards in search of a job. He decides to go by the first train he encounters. There are trains for every 15 min both southwards and northwards. First train towards south is at 6:00 A.M. and that towards North is at 6:10 .If the person arrives at any random time, what is the probability that he gets into a train towards North.
2. A person has his own coach & whenever he goes to railway station he takes his coach. One day he was supposed to reach the railway station at 5 O'clock. But he finished his work early and reached at 3 O'clock. Then he rung up his residence and asked to send the coach immediately. He came to know that the coach has left just now to the railway station. He thought that he should not waste his time and started moving towards his residence at the speed of 3miles/hr. On the way, he gets the coach and reaches home at 6 o'clock. How far is his residence from railway station.
1. Persons A and B. Person A picks a random no. from 1 to 1000.Then person B picks a random no. from 1 to 1000. What is the probability of B getting no. greater then what A has picked.
2. Some free body diagram is given
3 | 9
2 | 4 |
| 5 | 9
3 | 2 |
For equilibrium find values of A,B,and C.
3. Three boys and three girls brought up together. Jim, Jane, Tom, Virgina, Dorthy, XXX.
They marry among themselves to form three couples. Conditions are :
i) Sum of their ages would be the same.
ii) Virgina was the oldest.
iii) Jim was dorthy's brother.
iv) Sum of ages Jane+Jim and Tom+dorthy is same.
Give the three couples.
4. X^(1/3) - X^(1/9) =60 Solve for X.
5. X Z Y+X Y Z = Y Z X Find the three digits.
6. Two boats start from opposite banks of river perpendicular to the shore. One is faster then the other. They meet at 720 yards from one of the ends. After reaching opposite ends they rest for 10mins each. After that they start back. This time on the return journey they meet at 400yards from the other end of the river. Calculate the width of the river.
7. Basketball Tournament organizers decided that two consecutive defeats will knock out the team. There are 51 teams participating. What is the maximum no. of matches that can be played.
8. The Master says to his grandmaster that me and my three cousins have ages in prime nos. only. Summation of our ages is 50. Grandmaster who knows the age of the master instantly tells the ages of the three cousins. Tell the ages of three cousins.( 1 is not considered as prime no.)
9. There are two families Alens and smiths. They have two children each. There names are A,B,C,D whose ages are different and ages are less then or equal to 11. The following conditions are given.
i) A's age is three years less then his brother's age .
ii) B is eldest among the four.
iii) C is half the age of the eldest in Alens family.
iv) The difference in sum of the ages of Alens children and smiths children is same as that of five years ago. Find the ages of all the children.
1. be * be = acb. a,b,c,e are non zero numbers find b,e.
ans b=1 e=9
2. a,b,c,d,e are having numerical values. There are some conditions given
a) a=c <=== b!=e
b) difference between a and c as same as difference between c and b
as same as difference between a and d
c) c<a and cd
Then find a,b,c,d,e
3. There are six cards in which it has two king cards. all cards are turned down and two cards are opened
a) what is the possibility to get at least one king.
b) what is the possibility to get two kings.
4. A person went to a shop and asked for change for 1.15paise. but he said that he could not only give change for one rupee, but also for 50p,25p,10p and 5p. what were the coins he had
ans 1--50 4---10p 1---25p
5. There are 3 nurses and they work altogether only once in a week. no nurse is called to work for 3 consecutive days.
nurse 1 is off on tueseday,thursday and sunday.
nurse 2 is off on saturday.
nurse 3 is off on thursday,sunday.
no two nurses are off more than once a week.
Find the day on which all the 3 nurses were on work.
6. There are 5 persons a,b,c,d,e and each is wearing a block or white cap on his head. a person can see the caps of the remaining 4 but can't see his own cap. a person wearing white says true and who wears block says false.
i) a says i see 3 whites and 1 block
ii) b says i see 4 blocks
iii) e says i see 4 whites
iiii) c says i see 3 blocks and 1 white.
Now find the caps weared by a,b,c,d and e
7. There are two women, kavitha and shamili and two males shyam, aravind who are musicians. out of these four one is a pianist, one flutist, violinist and drummer.
i) across aravind beats pianist
ii) across shyam is not a flutist
iii) kavitha's left is a pianist
iiii) shamili's left is not a drummer
v) flutist and drummer are married.
1. A frog jumps 3 ft comes back 2ft in a day. In how many days it will come out of 30ft deep well
ans 28 day
2. A-B=C D/E=F G+H=I C.F=I
3. When the actual time pass 1hr wall clock is 10 min behind it when 1 hr is shown by wall clock, table clock shows 10 min ahead of it when table clock shows 1 hr the alarm clock goes 5 min behind it,when alarm clock goes 1 hr wrist watch is 5 min ahead of it assuming that all clocks are correct with actual time at 12 noon what will be time shown by wrist watch after 6 hr
(n X 60 )50/60 X 70/60 X 55/60 X 65/60
4. One question was about cards. 4 persons play the game of cards. Cards are of 4 colour yellow green blue, red. Find colours of playing cards which are hidden
ans remember the sequence yellow,yellow,green,blue
5. One very easy question just solve two eq, about ages i remember only
ans boy=10yrs or girl =4 yrs or vice versa pl. check it
6. There are 2 scales of temp A & B. It was given A 14 to 133, B 36 to 87. Find the temp when temp of A is equal to temp of B
1. S: Satch, J:Jute ans
person1: Most of us are satch J
person2: Most of us are jute S
person3: Two of us are satch J
person4: Three of us are jute J
person5: I am satch J
We have to find who is satch and who is jute.
2. Four persons are there to cross a bridge. They have one torch light
person A can cross in 1 min
person B can cross in 2 min
person C can cross in 5 min
person D can cross in 10 min
They have to cross bridge with in 17 min. At a time only two persons can cross.
I A&B ----> 2
II A <----1
III C&D ---->10
IV B <----2
V A&B ---->2
3. 7 hours hour glass. 11 hours hour glass. you have to boil one egg for 15 hours
4. What is the maximum number of slices can you obtain by cutting a cake with only 4 cuts?
5. Three are three boxes ,
In one box Two white balls
In two box 2 black balls
In three box 1white &1 black
The labels on the boxes are not correct. Then you have to open one box and to find the color of the balls in all boxes.
ans: Open the box labeled black & white. If white balls are there then the box labeled with white balls contain black balls and labeled with black balls contain one black and one white ball and vice versa if two black balls are there.
* Please do not write/mark on the question paper.
* Read the questions carefully. Work your answers carefully and as rapidly as possible.
* Do not spend too much time on questions that seem difficult for you. If time permits go back to the ones you have left out.
* Answer sheets have been provided to you separately. Use the first sheet to write your answers and use the remaining sheets for the detailed working.
* On completion, please put your answer sheet along with the working sheets, inside the question paper and hand them back to us.
* There is no negative marking. Do not turn the page until you are told to do so.
1. When Arthur is as old as his father Hailey is now, he shall be 5 times as old as his son Clarke is now. By then, Clarke will be 8 times older than Arthur is now. The combined ages of Hailey and Arthur are 100 years. How old is Clarke ?
3. The seven digits in this subtraction problem are 0,1,2,3,4,5 and 6. Each letter represents the same digit whenever it occurs.
D A D C B
E B E G
B F E G
What digit is represented by each letter ?
4. The Jones have named their four boys after favorite relatives; their friends, the Smiths, have done the same thing with their three boys. One of the families has twin boys. From the following clues, can you determine the families of all seven children and their ages ?
i) Valentine is 4 years older than his twin brothers.
ii) Winston, who is 8, and Benedict are not brothers. They are each named after a grandfather.
iii) Briscoe is two years younger than his brother Hamilton, But three years older than Dewey.
iv) Decatur is 10 years old.
v) Benedict is 3 years younger than Valentine; they are not related.
vi) The twins are named for uncles.
5. Motorboat A leaves shore P as B leaves Q; they move across the lake at a constant speed. They meet first time 600 yards from P. Each returns from the opposite shore without halting, and they meet 200 yards from. How long is the lake ?
6. Fanta, Pepsi and Citra often eat dinner out.
a) Each orders either coffee or tea after dinner.
b) If Fanta orders coffee, then Pepsi orders the drink that Citra orders.
c) If Pepsi orders coffee, then Fanta orders the drink that Citra does not order.
d) If Citra orders tea, then Fanta orders the drink that Pepsi orders.
Which person/persons always orders the same drink after dinner ?
7. On the Island of imperfection there is a special road, Logic Lane, on which the houses are usually reserved for the more mathematical inhabitants. Add, Divide and Even live in three different houses on this
road (which has houses numbered from 1-50). One of them is a member of the Pukka Tribe, who always tell the truth; another is a member of the Wotta Tribe, who never tell the truth; and the third is a member of the Shalla Tribe, who make statements which are alternately true and false, or false and true.
They make statements as follows :
ADD: 1 The number of my house is greater than that of Divide's.
2 My number is divisible by 4.
3 Even's number differs by 13 from that of one of the others.
DIVIDE : 1 Add's number is divisible by 12.
2 My number is 37.
3 Even's number is even.
EVEN : 1 No one's number is divisible by 10.
2 My number is 30.
3 Add's number is divisible by 3.
Find to which tribe each of them belongs, and the number of each of their houses.
8. The names of the inhabitants of Walkie Talkie Land sound strange to the visitors, and they find it difficult to pronounce them, due to their length and a few vowel sounds they contain. The Walkie Talkie guide is discussing the names of four inhabitants - A,B,C and D. Their names each contain upto eight syllables, although none of the four names contain the same number. Two of the names contain no vowel sounds; one contains one vowel sound; and one contains two vowel sounds. From the Guide's statements below, determine the number of syllables and vowel sounds in each of the four Walkie Talkie names :
i) The one whose name contains two vowel sounds is not A.
ii) C's name does not contain more than one vowel sound or fewer than seven syllables.
iii)The name with seven syllables does not contain exactly one vowel sound.
iv) B and C do not have names with the same number of vowel sounds.
v) Neither the name with five syllables nor the name with seven syllables contains more than one vowel sound.
vi) Neither the name with six syllables, nor the B's name, contains two vowel sounds.
9. Multiplication and Division.
(1) - - - - - (a) (2) _ _ . _ (d)
- - - (b) - - -) - - - - - . 0
_________________ - - -
- - - - -
- - - - - - - - -
___________________ - - -
- - - - - - - (c)
- - -
- - -
(1) and (2) represent the same two numbers - in one case multiplied 9 together, in other case divided.
Given that there are no 3's. find the missing digits indicated as (a), (b), (c) and (d) above ?
10. Two identical twins have a very unusual characteristic. One tells nothing but lies on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and tells nothing but the truth all other days. The other tells nothing but lies on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, and tells nothing but the truth all other days. On Sundays both children speak the truth.
1) Which of the following statements can be deduced from the information presented ?
i) If it is Sunday, the twins will both say so.
ii) If it is not Sunday,one twin will give the correct day and the other will lie about everything.
iii)On any given day, only one twin will give his correct name.
a) i only
b) i and ii only
c) i and iii only
d) ii and iii only
e) i,ii and iii
2) According to the information presented, which of the following conversations will be impossible.
a)Twin A : "Today you are a lier"
Twin B : "You are
- Infosys aptitude questions
- Infosys aptitude question - what is the appointed day ?
- Extract 2 characters in file
- Store images in SQL server 2005
- Database migration test scenario
- Select 10 random records
- Error while accessing the uploaded website
- Deny delete and drop permission
- Tns-03505: failed to resolve name
- How to create chat room application using ASP.Net and vb
- Hi, after hr round I got login details from infosys does it indicate that am I selected or not ? Did any one got rejected after getting login details
- Data manipulation using datagridview in vb.Net 2005
- Load images using HTML control
- SQL server reporting services subscription
- Place a text box in mshflexgrid
- Connecting SQL server
- Dynamic document management system (ddms)
- Cognos 8 with Oracle 10g or SQL server 2005
- Framework 2003 and framework 2005
- QTP in visual studio 2005 problem