What is the difference between transaction database and data warehouse databases?
Editorial / Best Answeropbang
Transaction Database Vs DataWarehouse Database-
1. Transaction Database is Relational Database with the normalised table, whereas DataWarehouse is with denormalised Table.
2. Transaction Database is highly volatile... Designed to maintain transaction of the business Where DataWarehouse is non volatile.. with periodic updates.
3. Transaction Database is OLTP... Datawarehouse ... is for analysis...
4. Transaction Database is functional data... DataWarehouse database Data is subject oriented.
- Oracle connector stage and Oracle enterprise satge
- Oracle forms program units procedure vs database procedure
- Database connection tns names
- Load a date field value from sequencial file to databse table with out using transformer
- Project data model
- Generate surrogate key in database
- Which table will load first - fact or dimension table?
- How to load 2 files data into a single file without using join stage
- Identify critical invoice in SAP
- Joiner data and index cache
- Classical and alv report
- Total quality management (mba)
- Comparison of 2 files in mainframe
- Ms SQL server and SQL server
- Bug can be rejected or not if the basic issue is corrected and the secondary related issue is not the bug.
- Etl extract and loading strategies
- Change request (cr) and modification
- Nominal ledger
- Roll back and roll forward
- Perform funnel