What is the difference between transaction database and data warehouse databases?
Editorial / Best Answeropbang
Transaction Database Vs DataWarehouse Database-
1. Transaction Database is Relational Database with the normalised table, whereas DataWarehouse is with denormalised Table.
2. Transaction Database is highly volatile... Designed to maintain transaction of the business Where DataWarehouse is non volatile.. with periodic updates.
3. Transaction Database is OLTP... Datawarehouse ... is for analysis...
4. Transaction Database is functional data... DataWarehouse database Data is subject oriented.
- Composite and alloy
- What is the difference between iebgener,iebcopy and repro
- Difference between divisions and paragraphs?
- What is the difference between potential and voltage?
- What is the difference between earth and neutral ?
- What is difference between win XP and win 7
- QTP launch application methods
- Launch any application methods in QTP
- What are different data structures supported by PL/SQL.??
- How we can use the hierarchy in webi at prompt level
- Post interview question - assignment - to write a test plan with test cases.
- Exploratory testing
- Difference between is and as in Oracle
- Block level backups
- Extracting data from SAP r/s using Informatica
- What is the difference between sequence diagram and collaboration diagram?
- Array differences
- What is the difference between disaster recovery at the data link layer and the transport layer?
- Db2 data types