What is the difference between transaction database and data warehouse databases?
Editorial / Best Answeropbang
Transaction Database Vs DataWarehouse Database-
1. Transaction Database is Relational Database with the normalised table, whereas DataWarehouse is with denormalised Table.
2. Transaction Database is highly volatile... Designed to maintain transaction of the business Where DataWarehouse is non volatile.. with periodic updates.
3. Transaction Database is OLTP... Datawarehouse ... is for analysis...
4. Transaction Database is functional data... DataWarehouse database Data is subject oriented.
- How to copy data from one table to another table having data
- Record mismatch
- Triggering events in Oracle
- Exploratory testing
- Difference between is and as in Oracle
- Array differences
- Composite and alloy
- What is the difference between iebgener,iebcopy and repro
- Difference between divisions and paragraphs?
- Power system
- What is difference between tcp and udp and which is preferable
- Controlled and uncontrolled redundancy
- Multiple database access one instance
- What is the difference between unearned revenue and unbilled receivables?
- How we can use the hierarchy in webi at prompt level
- Post interview question - assignment - to write a test plan with test cases.
- Block level backups
- Extracting data from SAP r/s using Informatica
- What is the difference between sequence diagram and collaboration diagram?
- What is the difference between disaster recovery at the data link layer and the transport layer?