What is the difference between transaction database and data warehouse databases?
Editorial / Best Answeropbang
Transaction Database Vs DataWarehouse Database-
1. Transaction Database is Relational Database with the normalised table, whereas DataWarehouse is with denormalised Table.
2. Transaction Database is highly volatile... Designed to maintain transaction of the business Where DataWarehouse is non volatile.. with periodic updates.
3. Transaction Database is OLTP... Datawarehouse ... is for analysis...
4. Transaction Database is functional data... DataWarehouse database Data is subject oriented.
- Oracle cursors in PL/SQL
- Design a dwh table based on the given source
- Update strategy
- Moving data from 1 table to another
- Difference between active & reactive power meters
- Difference between 11i and r12
- Dataset stage and sequential file stage
- Having single input source want three different outputs.
- Maintaining data integrity
- What is the difference between trigger and constraints ?
- What is the difference body & neutral earthing ?
- What are the basic difference between re-insurance and insurance claim handling?
- How to convert varchar to date ?
- Print with SQL code
- Business rule & business validation
- What is the difference between subnetmask and host
- Microstrategy differences
- Aggregations for a system
- What is the difference between a Java developer and Java designer?
- Cash management service