What is the difference between transaction database and data warehouse databases?
Editorial / Best Answeropbang
Transaction Database Vs DataWarehouse Database-
1. Transaction Database is Relational Database with the normalised table, whereas DataWarehouse is with denormalised Table.
2. Transaction Database is highly volatile... Designed to maintain transaction of the business Where DataWarehouse is non volatile.. with periodic updates.
3. Transaction Database is OLTP... Datawarehouse ... is for analysis...
4. Transaction Database is functional data... DataWarehouse database Data is subject oriented.
- Load excel data into Oracle database
- Distribution of number of rows equally.
- If I will pass null key to join components, then what will be output?
- Coding question
- What is the difference between pinion and gear
- What is difference between ipv4 & ipv6?
- What is difference between tcp and udp and which is preferable
- How to copy data from one table to another table having data
- Multiple database access one instance
- Record mismatch
- SAP question regarding sales order data
- How to join data from two partitions of a multifile in abinitio..!
- What is the difference between loop and function recursion?
- How data flows from hyperion drm to other applications?
- Which tool you have used for monitoring the databases?
- How to dump rest webservice data into Oracle 11g
- What is difference between dns & gns ?
- How to retrieve only duplicate records in database table?
- Write a simple program to organize student marks ?
- Controlled and uncontrolled redundancy