What is the difference between transaction database and data warehouse databases?
Editorial / Best Answeropbang
Transaction Database Vs DataWarehouse Database-
1. Transaction Database is Relational Database with the normalised table, whereas DataWarehouse is with denormalised Table.
2. Transaction Database is highly volatile... Designed to maintain transaction of the business Where DataWarehouse is non volatile.. with periodic updates.
3. Transaction Database is OLTP... Datawarehouse ... is for analysis...
4. Transaction Database is functional data... DataWarehouse database Data is subject oriented.
- Database connection tns names
- Project data model
- Generate surrogate key in database
- Which table will load first - fact or dimension table?
- How to load 2 files data into a single file without using join stage
- Identify critical invoice in SAP
- Joiner data and index cache
- How we can implement bulk collect methodology in datastage
- Implement bulk collect methodology in datastage
- Transformer based ups vs transformer less ups
- Roll back and roll forward
- Perform funnel
- Data set removed why
- Oracle forms program units procedure vs database procedure
- To add the runtime property of an object into the excel sheet
- To connect same graph having 2 phases but to run in different database
- Load a date field value from sequencial file to databse table with out using transformer
- RMAN incremental backup recovery
- Filters and restricted columns
- Report studio restrict user to add new data item