What are the Features & Benefits of Quick Test Pro(QTP)..?
Introduces next-generation “zero-configuration” Keyword Driven testing technology in QuickTest Professional 8.0 — allowing for fast test creation, easier maintenance, and more powerful data-driving capability
Identifies objects with Unique Smart Object Recognition, even if they change from build to build, enabling reliable unattended script execution
Collapses test documentation and test creation to a single step with Auto-documentation technology
Enables thorough validation of applications through a full complement of checkpoints
Editorial / Best Answer
Answered by: praveena
qtp is mainly used for functionality testing.qtp is user friendly both technical and non technical users can easily access.qtp has two views
keyword view and expert view
in keyword view when u record a test it genarates the script in tree format.it is very easy to understand.if u want to view the vbScript use the expert view.
qtp has active screen using that u can enhance the script with out navigating to the application.like u can insert checkpoints and synchonization points.
qtp has automated documentation.when u start recording it genarates the autodocumentation in plain english.
using qtp we can parametarize objects,checkpoints,datadriventables.this will give more flexibility.
- Check period criteria as manual tester
- Image comparison feature in any test automation tool
- Add data table
- Test case for attendance system of employee
- Chair test case
- Identify automation test case
- Test scenarios for view functinality
- Automation test cases
- Camera video and photo functionality test cases
- Design the optimal set of test cases
- Features involved in automation plan
- Test scenarios for 'create and send email' functionality
- Test a web registration application
- Test cases for equity, bond, futures and options financial instruments
- Test method name change
- Total quality management (mba)
- Using march tests to test srams
- Negative test cases for hold button in telephone or mobile
- Writing test scenario for copy and paste data
- Multiple test scenarios from one test case