What is the other name of combined selector in CSS3 and what is it used for?

Questions by Remasri   answers by Remasri

Showing Answers 1 - 10 of 10 Answers


  • Sep 17th, 2012

The other name of combined selector in CSS3 is known as Grouping

  Was this answer useful?  Yes

Alisha Patel

  • May 27th, 2015

You can give the same properties to a number of selectors without having to repeat them.


  1. h2 {

  2.     color: red

  3. }

  4. p {

  5.     color: red

  6. }

  7. .classname {

  8.     color: red

  9. }

  10. You can simply separate selectors with commas in one line and apply the same properties to them.


  12. h2, p, .classname{

  13.     color: red

  14. }


  • Sep 12th, 2015

.classname {color:blue;}

  Was this answer useful?  Yes


  • Nov 15th, 2015

An example to combined selector to apply same properties .someClass, .aclass, #someID, .something{color:#fff}

  Was this answer useful?  Yes


  • Oct 2nd, 2017

Group Selector

  Was this answer useful?  Yes

Give your answer:

If you think the above answer is not correct, Please select a reason and add your answer below.


Related Answered Questions


Related Open Questions