Thread: odbc

Answers

odbc

hi
    am tryin to create a dsn, after i choose the driver and try to verify the test connection i get an error statin unable to connect. kindly help me in solvin this.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: odbc

Hi Lakshmi,

Please check the server name(ORA OR ORACLE...) in ur backend. Using the below cmd u can get the server name

SELECT NAME FROM V$DATABASE

Pls get back to us incase of queries.

Thx,
    Prakash C

Answers

You need to pass database name along with username and password to create the DSN.

Answers

hi,
    thanks a lot for those suggestions. i was tryin to create the dsn with 10gcl driver and faced the above problem but the problem doesnt occur while using 9icl. am not able to understand why.

Answers

Please check if the driver is installed properly. Try to reinstall the drivers.

hi odbc stands for open database connectivity it is used for connecting thr front end to backend

Answers

hi
    all the suggestions given had helped me a lot, thanks once again.....
    am from a non IT background and am findin it very difficult to understand the procedures and functions when i have to trace an error or find how values get loaded in to the table. please help me regardin this