Thread: Difference Between

Answers

Difference Between

Hi to all,

Pls let me know what are the difference between Step-by-Step parameterization and parameterize all in Data driven Wizard in QTP.

Pls let me know as soon as possible,

Thanking you

Ramya

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Difference Between

Hi ramya,

The difference is a pretty simple one as suggested by the Name itself. Let us take the instance of a constant value called Month. It has a value of March and we wish to parameterize it. The constant value occurs repeatedly within an action, meaning it is being used at various instances.

If we use Data Driver Parameterize all option, it would replace the parameterized value at all instances where Month is found at once.

But incase I wish to supply different values for Month based on different occurences, I will use the Step-by-Step parameterization option. Using this I would be able to select values from 1st column for first occurence of Month, 2nd column value for second occurence etc.

Hence based on our need, we select the Parameterize all or Step-by-Step option.

Cheers.....