Thread: QTP error for the object not getting recognised

Answers

QTP error for the object not getting recognised

Hello everyone,

I am new QTP and now learning QTP 8.2 using mercury tours website. After recording when I am trying to run the test I am getting error in find flights page at "From port" saying the object can't be identified. Can you please help me in knowing what properties do I need to add in order to get this object recognised by QTP.

"http:// newtours . demoaut . com/login.php","","action=process&userName=punnis&password=punnis&login.x=19&login.y=1","Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" + vbCrLf + """.

Last edited by admin; 06-19-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Re: QTP error for the object not getting recognised

This works for me:

Browser("creationTime:=0").Page("title:=Find a Flight: Mercury Tours:").WebList ("name:=fromPort").Select "London"

Answers

Hi Anshu,

I see the same script what you wrote in the expert view but still I am getting the same error as object can't be recognised. Do I need to configure my settings accordingly ? Please advise.

Thank you ,
    Kyati

Answers

hello kyati...can u just explain it clearly what is ur exact problem...if an object is not identifying u can go for descriptiv programming also...
    set edit1=description.create
    edit1("Property Name").value="Property Value"
    the above code will create an Edit box...
    and just use an unique property name...and its value...

Contributing Member
    Answers

Hi

i am suprised to know that still you are doing practise on QTP 8.2. QTP 9.5 trial version is available in the market. please do practise on this tool.

Cheers
    SYCHO