Thread: URL Conversion

Answers

URL Conversion

Hi All,

I have existing QTP scrip which runs on this www.mypage.ca, my company doses some migration to a different platform and they want me to run this scrip against new platform.....
    How can I use this old scrip on the new URL WWW.MYPAGEDEMO.CA?
    The application is the same nothing changed. Only the URL is changed due to migration. after this is done they will flip back the old URl.

Cheers,
    Mihai

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: URL Conversion

Hi Mihai,

Please use the Datatable to parameterize the URL part. Specify both the Old as well New URL in 2 different columns. As per the application in use, pick up the required column.

Also please take care that since the URL is changing, the Browser title would also be changing. So I guess you would have to modfiy a few Browser based Object Properties in your Object Repository.

Incase you are not familiar with parameterization, use Data Driver wizard to parameterize the hard-coded URl value.

Cheers...

Answers

Re: URL Conversion

hi, i think u need not to do any change.

Just change your record and play setting, if u r opening the page using that, and enter your new site address to open. Script will run fine.

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji