Thread: Qtp

Answers

Exclamation Qtp

Any one can explain action in Qtp

Banned
    Answers

Re: Qtp

I normally find the method of passing data via parameters in QTP to be cumbersome and annoying. There are three separate places that you have to provide the exact same information, and it can't be done via code/command. You *must* use the point and click interface.

Not sure if I mentioned that I strongly dislike the interface, but I strongly dislike any interface that doesn't have very intuitive hotkeys. Theo = keyboard jockey. I really hate switching hands to the mouse if I don't have to do so. A well-designed program in my mind doesn't require it. But enough about that....

The one advantage (and it is huge) to the pain of the params is that you can specify default values. Since you can't in VBScript (much to my chagrin), this offers a nice alternative.

Last edited by Anshoo_Arora; 02-25-2008 at 10:25 PM. Reason: This post is a courtesy of: http://geekswithblogs.net/tmoore/archive/2006/07/12/84855.aspx

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Qtp

Hi Commando,

An action is nothing but a set of sequential steps recorded / scripted as per functional flow. In QTP a single test can be composed of 1 or multiple actions.

The reason behind implementing Actions is to make your script more managaeable and easy to debug. Every action in QTP would be associated by default with a repository in which all Objects that are part of recorded action are stored.

Actions can be made re-usable to implement compile module concepts or reusability. You can call a reusable action n number of times within a script.
    You can also call copies of actions, existing actions as part of your Test.

I would suggest you go through the User Guide / Help file of QTP to get a better understannding of Actions.

Cheers...