Thread: Shifting from developing to testing

Answers

Shifting from developing to testing

Hi,Present I am working as a Java developer,But I want shift to a software test engineer,Will you pls suggest me good answer if I want to tell the ans in Interview?

Re: Shifting from developing to testing

Hi,

In the Interview if you have been questioned the reason for shifting from Development to Testing you can answer as,
    - Quality is the important aspect of the Application developed and an Independent testing team can only derive the good quality software, and to be part of the team delivering quality software, I need to shift to Testing
    - A Quality person can know more about the Applicaiton in terms of Business Rules, Business Flow and hence need to shift as a Tester.
    - A Test Engineer can break the software by doing more validations.
    - Test Engineer can have more Knowledge of the Application as Business Analyst, as he interacts more with the software than any other.

Regards,
    Ganesan