Thread: Descriptive DB Checkpoint

Answers

Descriptive DB Checkpoint

Hi All,

I want to implement a DB checkpoint in my script in descriptive programmig method. For this I wrote a code like this
    ____________________________________________________________________________________Set oDesc = Description.Create
    oDesc("micclass").Value = "DBTable"
    oDesc("Source").Value = Environment("DBChkPntSource")
    oDesc("ConnectionString").Value = Environment("DBChkPntConnectString")

oDesc.Check CheckPoint
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    where I have stored values of SQL Query in Environment("DBChkPntSource") & Connection String in Environment("DBChkPntConnectString"). Now how can I implement this check point as above code gives error at statement "oDesc.Check CheckPoint" as method Check not supported for object oDesc.

Thanks in advance
    Manoj

Re: Descriptive DB Checkpoint

I am not quite sure what you are trying to do here. What in the database are you checking (if it some value, row, column or table that you are trying to extract/check?), or are you just checking if there is an established connection with the database?