Thread: Update Run Mode

Answers

Exclamation Update Run Mode

Can i get a simple example exercise for update run mode for sample flight application......... In qtp when i try to run the test in update mode.. Auotmation> update option is disabled............ Pls let me know ................. Thanks in advance.....

Re: Update Run Mode

(Note: I tried this in ver. 9.2)

Pre-req: A test should be open which contains instances that need to be updated.

Step 1. Automation -> Update Run Mode
    Step 2. Automation -> Run

When you do #2, the "update run" dialog box will appear. There will be 3 instances, out of which only two will be checked (update checkpoint properties and update active screen images and values). You can check the first one (update test object descriptions) if you wish to update your test objects if changes have been made to them and have not been updated in the OR. When the test is run, objects in the test will be updated.