Thread: New to testing

Answers

New to testing

Hi ,

I am new to testing.Can anyone help me in knowing what else we should know other than testing methodologies and testing techniques when you enter first time in QA job. What other knowledge do we need to sustain in the job?please help me in knowing this.
    Advance thankyou for the suppert and reply.

Re: New to testing

Hi,

Welcome to Testing. If you want your profile not to be overlooked make sure that you any one of the Automation tools such as QTP or Rational Robot or Load Runner other than Testing technique and metholodogies.
    Have good knowledge on SDLC, CMM, Testing Life Cycle and different Risks and Mitigations. Also make sure that you complete the ISTQB Certification.

Regards,
    Ganesan

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: New to testing

Hi,

Like Sridhar Stated, knowledge of any tool pertaining to Automation or Performance testing is going to definitely add value.

Incase you get to work in a Finance / Insurance domain, try to understand the Business Domain / rules and testing methodologies which pertain to actually testing the Business of the Application.

Also try to learn a bit of Processes involved in testing and you might be able to suggest improvements further down the way.

Cheers...