Thread: Query to get rank result

Answers

Query to get rank result

Hi,

I have two tables, table1(Id,Name) and Table2(Id,Marks). I want to give Rank based upon the Marks.

Ex:
    Id Name Marks Rank
    1 AA 100 1
    2 BB 90 2
    3 CC 80 3
    4 DD 70 4
    5 EE 60 5

I wrote the following query and not able to get the result, can any one suggest on this..

Select table1.Id,Table1.Name,table2.marks,Expr1: (select count(Table2.marks) from Table2 where table2.marks
    Thanks,
    Kishore

Answers

Re: Query to get rank result

Hi, One easy way to generate ranking is first select the records order by marks(in descending order).Then fetch record one by one and update the rank field.

Answers

If using oracle then order by mark in descending order and then finally display the rownum as rank.

Expert Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by beharavenkata View Post
    Hi,

I have two tables, table1(Id,Name) and Table2(Id,Marks). I want to give Rank based upon the Marks.

Ex:
    Id Name Marks Rank
    1 AA 100 1
    2 BB 90 2
    3 CC 80 3
    4 DD 70 4
    5 EE 60 5

I wrote the following query and not able to get the result, can any one suggest on this..

Select table1.Id,Table1.Name,table2.marks,Expr1: (select count(Table2.marks) from Table2 where table2.marks
    Thanks,
    Kishore
    If ur using oracle then use this query
    select TABLE1.ID,TABLE1.NAME,TABLE2.MARKS,
    rank() OVER ( ORDER BY TABLE2.MARKS desc)
    from TABLE1,TABLE2 WHERE TABLE1.ID=TABLE2.ID