Thread: QTP and VB .Net 2005

Answers

QTP and VB .Net 2005

I'm new to QTP.
    I want to know if QTP is compatible with .Net VB 2005?

Re: QTP and VB .Net 2005

Hi Santhi,

You can test the Application developed with .Net or VB using QTP. QTP is compatible with both.

Regards,
    Ganesan

Expert Member
    Answers

Hi,

QTP has a default add-in for Visual Basic. So working with VB Applications is definitely a YES with QTP.

QTP 9.2 also supports .NET applications and is compatible for automating the same.

Cheers...

Answers

Hi,

Thanks for ur response.I have created some scripts in QTP 8.2 and Application is .Net VB 2003.Now they want to migrate to .Net Vb 2005.

My Question is Will all these Scripts (which were written in .Net VB 2003) run on .Net VB 2005 Or Do I need to Change any?

Thanks In Advance.

Expert Member
    Answers

Hi Santhi,

The answer is the scripts should work for most of the part.

But incase your application uses Grid objects, migration from .net 2003 to .net 2005 would cause Object Recognition to fail.

You could do one thing for cross checking. Identify any existing object in .NET 2005 using Object Spy. Check the mic class as well as Mandatory properties of the Object and compare it with the existing object properties in the present Object Repository.

Incase of msimatches, you would have to re-work on your scripts else I guess you are fine to go.

Cheers...

Answers

Can you plesae share the .net code you used with QTP.