Thread: Learning QTP

Answers

Learning QTP

I am a fresh graduate, I know the overview of QTP, I really want to learn and use QTP. But I don't have any experience yet on how does QTP really works. I really want to study this tool. Can you give me some advise from what should I start first in learning this tool? I am desperate in learning this tool.

Can you provide use full links about "learning QTP".
    Thank you very much. Hope you could help me.
    My mail-id is rn.raju@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Raju

Expert Member
    Answers

Thumbs up Re: Learning QTP

Hi Raju,

Since you already know the overview of QTP, I guess you have already initiated the process of familiarization with the tool.

Download QTP trial version from Mercury site. Once installed, try recording and executing scripts on basic web applications like Google, GeekInterview etc.

Try to familiarize yourself with the way objects and properties are stored in Object Repository. Learn about parameterizing, adding checkpoints. You can always refer to QTP online help in case of any difficulties.

Unless you play around with the tool, you will not understand the actual functionality of QTP.

For all your unanswered question, post the same in this forum and Geek Members would be more than happy to help you...Happy Learning !!

Cheers......