Thread: ORA-01722 Error in updating records

Answers

ORA-01722 Error in updating records

I developed a project for a chemical company , VB as front end and Oracle 9i as back end. I am getting an error ORA-01722, when i am updating records from client computer which is working with Windows 98 OS. where as i am not getting any error when i am updating records in client mechines which are working with Windows Xp.

help me to solve my problem.

Answers

Re: ORA-01722 Error in updating records

help me to come solve the problem

Answers

Re: ORA-01722 Error in updating records

ORA-01722: invalid number
    Cause: The attempted conversion of a character string to a number failed because the character string was not a valid numeric literal. Only numeric fields or character fields containing numeric data may be used in arithmetic functions or expressions. Only numeric fields may be added to or subtracted from dates.
    Action: Check the character strings in the function or expression. Check that they contain only numbers, a sign, a decimal point, and the character "E" or "e" and retry the operation.