Thread: Database Conneciton and SQL Queries

Answers

Database Conneciton and SQL Queries

Hi everybody I am preparing for job in QA, I learned WR, QTP on my own . I want to write script for database testing, but i cannot install database on my laptop? I want to know the script for database connection , how and where to use sql queries in the script, Can anybody explain with example script?

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Database Conneciton and SQL Queries

Hi Siteuse,

This for retrieving the data from database(MS ACCESS)

Dim Dsn_conn,rs

Set objConnection=Createobject("ADODB.Connection")'Create connection object with DSN
    Dsn_conn= "DSN=QT_Flight32;DBQ=C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\samples\flight\app\
    flight32.mdb;Driver=C:\WINNT\system32\odbcjt32.dll;DriverId=281;FIL=MS Access;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;"
    objConnection.Open(Dsn_conn)'Open the connection
    Set rs=CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet") 'Create recordset object

'Set rs=objconnection.execute(" select Order_Number,Customer_Name from Orders where Order_Number>10")'Execute the query
    Set rs=objconnection.execute("select Orders.Customer_Name,Flights.Departure from Orders,Flights where Orders.Flight_Number=Flights.Flight_Number")'''Here you have to write SQL Query
    rs.MoveFirst
    row=1
    datatable.GetSheet(1).addparameter"Customer_Name",""
    datatable.GetSheet(1).addparameter"Departure",""
    While Not rs.EOF
    ONumber=rs.fields.item("Customer_Name")
    CName=rs.fields.item("Departure")
    datatable.SetCurrentRow(row)
    datatable.Value (1,1)=ONumber
    datatable.Value(2,1)=CName
    row=row+1
    rs.movenext