Thread: How to write the vbscript in web based applications in qtp?

Answers

How to write the vbscript in web based applications in qtp?

hai all,
    i could write the script client based applictions,but i have no idea in web based applications script in qtp.how to write

Answers

Re: How to write the vbscript in web based applications in qtp?

Can you tell me what is MIS in accouting? How to prepare monthly MIS of company?

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: How to write the vbscript in web based applications in qtp?

Hi,

Follow the same approach you used in creating scripts for Client-Server Applications.

Learn the Objects as part of your Object Repository and script using the functional navigational flow. Incase of runtime Objects use Descriptive Programming.

Differences
    1) The Way the Objects are recognised would be different. In sense Objects would more or less pertain to Web Objects. Hence you would have WebEdit, Links etc.
    2) Web- based Approach scripting would more or less follow the DOM approach - Document Model Approach. In this each Object would have a Parent Object which could be the Window or Browser Object. Further on Objects go down the Hierarchy

So the scropting syntax is like -

Browser("").Page("').Link("").Click

You could also write VbScript functions like Invoking Excel, Browsers etc and include them as library files in QTP. Save the files as .VBS and include them.

Cheers....