Thread: QTP Object Repository

Contributing Member
    Answers

QTP Object Repository

I am using Qtp 9.0 for web testing.

I want to count the particular links in the web page. but all links properties are same. how can i differentiate those links and count.

How i change the property value or how i add the new property and value.

Plz anybody help to solve this problem.

Thx

Punitha.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: QTP Object Repository

Hi,

If QTP finds Object Properties description same then it uses Smart Idenitification feature of QTP for creating unique object description. If both properties set and Smart Identification are unable to create unqiue description then QTP uses Ordinal Identifier for creating Object Uniqiue Description.

Cheers
    QTP

I want to count the particular links in the web page. but all links properties are same. how can i differentiate those links and count.

Answers

Smile Re: QTP Object Repository

Hi Punitha,

as per that scenario u can identify the all links by using "SMART IDENTIFICATION" in the object repository

Re: QTP Object Repository

Punitha, please provide more detail.