Thread: QTP RESULTS problem

Answers

QTP RESULTS problem

Hi,
    I have a problem with QTP results. Basically i am using checkpoints to control the logic flow of my QTP test. So for example i do a bitmap checkpoint to see the state of a screen on execution - if the screen displays value A then i do function A but if the screen display value B i do Function B. However when i run the test even tho the logic works correctly and i always get both a fail and a pass against the checkpoint - this makes sense to me because the screen will show Value A on one iteration but Value B on another iteration. However because the checkpoint has registered a fail then the overall Test has a status of Fail in Results summary - this is bad because the test is perfectly correct but it looks to the testers as though it failed. How can i change this so that checkpoint still functions as above but the failed checked point does not fail the whole test in Results summary?
    Thanks you.

Answers

Re: QTP RESULTS problem

i have actually found a way round this by disabling reporting immediately before the check point and reenabling reporting after the checkpoint - using the following code:-

'Disables all the reporting stuff
    Reporter.Filter = rfDisableAll

chk_PassFail = Browser(...).Page(...).WebEdit(...).Check (Checkpoint("Check1"))

'Enable all the reporting stuff
    Reporter.Filter = rfEnableAll