Thread: how you will test image uploding control?

Answers

how you will test image uploding control?

how you will test image uploding control?

Generally what can be the case we should test if we are testing image uploading?

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji

Expert Member
    Answers

Smile Re: how you will test image uploding control?

Hi Brijesh,

I suppose so that we can test the following -

1) Types of Images supported for Uploading ( Whether as per functionality)
    2) maximum size of an Image that can be uploaded
    3) Whether multiple images can be uploaded as part of a single operation
    4) Incase Image is not uploaded successfully, application restoration to stability and pre-existent state.
    5) checking whether Alt text works for HTML Images. (Text to be displayed incase Image is not compatible to Browser)

Along with this, the usual negative testing scenarios can also be covered as to check if Image Upload control can be used to upload Text files, blank file names etc...

Do let me know if this is what you meant by testing Image Uploading control.

Cheers....

Answers

Re: how you will test image uploding control?

You really provided a nice answer.But there still a lot of things to consider, I am looking for some intresting test cases, mostly negative.Because positive test cases are always simple to write but problem comes in negative test cases.

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji

Re: how you will test image uploding control?

Some of the Negative test cases for the Image uploading are

1. Uploading files which are not of file type .jpg or .bmp or .gif

2. Check for the type of extension the uploading control looks for i.e., by default when the uploading control is opened the file type criteria should be supporting only the image files but not all files (*.*)

3. Uploading blank files

4. Changing the extension of the image file (for example, changing file type .jpg to .txt or .doc) and try to upload

5. Uploading the same file once again i.e, try to upload the file which is already in the folder and it should throw error that the file already exists

6. Check to upload the compressed file where the compressed file only consists of the image type file. Actually the system should not support uploading these type of files.