Thread: Portlet testing

Answers

Portlet testing

I have to do portlet testing. I anybody has done it then please let me know how to go about it what are the features in which i should concentrate.

Re: Portlet testing

Portlets are pluggable user interface components that are managed and displayed in a web portal. Portlets produce fragments of markup code that are aggregated into a portal page.

Following are the features that should be concentrated while testing a portlet

i. Test alignment/size display with multiple stylesheets and portal configurations. When you configure a portlet object in the portal, you must choose from the following alignments:

a. Narrow portlets are displayed in a narrow side column on the portal page. Narrow portlets must fit in a column that is fewer than 255 pixels wide.
    b. Wide portlets are displayed in the middle or widest side column on the portal page. Wide portlets fit in a column fewer than 500 pixels wide.

ii. Test all links and buttons within the portlet display. (if there are errors, check that all forms and functions are uniquely named, and that the preference and gateway settings are configured correctly in the portlet web service editor.)

iii. Test setting and changing preferences. (if there are errors, check that the preferences are uniquely named and that the preference and gateway settings are configured correctly in the portlet web service editor.)

iv. Test communication with the backend application. Confirm that actions executed through the portlet are completed correctly. (if there are errors, check the gateway configuration in the portlet web service editor.)

v. Test localized portlets in all supported languages. (if there are errors, make sure that the language files are installed correctly and are accessible to the portlet.)

vi. If the portlet displays secure information or uses a password, use a tunnel tool to confirm that any secure information is not sent or stored in clear text.

Vii. If backwards compatibility is supported, test portlets in multiple versions of the portal.