Thread: Multiple field lookup???

Answers

Multiple field lookup???

I need to create a table that has multiple columns with the same type of fields. I know that doesn't sound right, so here is an example for field names:

ID (key?)
    Ingredient1
    Rate1
    Ingredient2
    Rate2
    Ingredient3
    Rate3

and so on. All of the ingredients are in another table and the rate may change for each ingredient in each record. What can I do? Also I would love to introduce myself but I cannot find the introductions forum! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Multiple field lookup???

create table using Id,Ingredient,Rate
    No need to repeat Ingredient,Rate columns ,Post all ingredient,rates in respective fields using other tables,To select particular Ingredient use 'where clause.

Answers

Re: Multiple field lookup???

I am not sure I understand the answer-Sorry! Each record will be for a certain mixture that contains different amounts of certain ingredients. An example would be
    ID Ingred1 Rate1 Ingred2 Rate2
    1 milk .25 sugar .75
    2 sugar .50 water .50
    3 milk .75
    4 milk .75 sugar 1.00
    5 sugar .25 milk .50

There may be four or five ingredients in a mixture with the each different ingredient having a different rate from one record to another. I want to be able to fill out a form to enter the mixtures. Does this help?? Thank you very much for your help.