Thread: Object does not exist at page load

Geek_Guest

Object does not exist at page load

I've got an issue recognizing a dynamically created input box and change it's value from QTP at run time. This object is created only when I double click on a table cell, so it doesn't exist at page load. Any guidelines, ideas?, I've try anything I count find without success :-(
    Thanks

Question asked by visitor Francois

Expert Member
    Answers

Smile Re: Object does not exist at page load

Hi Francois,

Try Descriptive Programming. It would enable you to work with Objects that are not present in your Object repository. In short you would be able to recognize objects that appear at runtime.

Firstly we would have to check whether the Object has appeared on the double click action or not. I guess the following code could help you -

Dim oDesc
    Dim oChildren
    oDesc = Description.Create
    oDesc("micclass").Value = "WinEdit"
    Set oChildren = Browser().Page().Frame().ChildObjects(oDesc)

msgbox oChildren.count

This would get the count of the chiild objects in the window. Incase the number increases, we are assured that EditBox appears.

Using Descriptive programming like -

Dim obj_Desc
    Set obj_Desc = Description.Create, we can identify the following
    obj_Desc(“html tag”).value
    obj_Desc(“name”).value

using getRO Property we can identify the Runtime properties of this InputBox as well.

Cheers....