Thread: Gather report requirements

Answers

Gather report requirements

Hi,

I have to gather report requirements from an end user, what all the aspects that i have to take care of when i gather the requirements from the user

Thanks

Answers

Re: Gather report requirements

Go for everything in details.

Answers

Re: Gather report requirements

First of you need to understand why the end user wants to develop the report, what the user is trying to achieve. Then you find out if there is any existing report currently in use.
    You wil also need to create a sample of the report to make sure you and the user understand what is to be designed, this can just be a draft on an A4 page.
    Once you have fullfilled this take, you will need to get hold of the data dictionary, for which the fields to be displayed on the report so that you can know where exactly within the database or datawarehouse you will populate the data from to appear on the report.