Thread: repeating the records in the output table ...

Answers

repeating the records in the output table ...

I am handling an oracle table in datastage. I want to put all data from this into another table/file where each record will be just repeated certain number of times(fixed or variable). How can I do that ?

Answers

Re: repeating the records in the output table ...

You simply need to insert the records by selection from the table to another table. Repeat the process as many number of times you want to complete teh process. Don't forget to commit after completition of every process.

Answers

Re: repeating the records in the output table ...

Thanks , but I am not clear what you said.I am explainig again my querry

Suppose my table has two rows , three columns. Now by passing this through a Transformer stage , I am adding another column to it , with values ( let 2 & 3) in the row 1 & row 2 respectively. So my table has now 2 rows & 4 columns.Now I want to pass this table to another stage so as to create a new table table which will have each row repeated the number of times as in the new column (2 & 3) , so that my final table will have in total 5 rows , 2 same rows & 3 same rows . Remember these values 2 & 3 are not fixed , it depends on the values in the original table.
    What must be that stage & how to proceed?