Thread: Rerun script fails but works next day

Geek_Guest

Rerun script fails but works next day

I am facing problem in QTP 9.0 ie when I recorded a script it runs well after next day when I rerun the same script it display error message like cant identify the object link verify that this objects properties match an object currently displayed in your application and also some buttons also not identify by the QTP 9.0, when I add the objects in the object repository it runs fine but same problem arise next day, before adding the object I am also check the properties of previous link and current link that i added but i did not find any mismatch.2. In my QTP 9.0 update run mode is always disabled. Can any body solve these problems.

thanks in advance

Question asked by visitor hiralal

Re: Rerun script fails but works next day

This is because there is one or more object that has dynamic properties. Another case could be that the object is generated at run-time and may/may not exist every time the script is run. Another condition can be because of date(s). If you can provide more detail to your problem and the object type(s) you are dealing with, it will be easier to identify what is changing and which property has to be handled dynamically.

Answers

Re: Rerun script fails but works next day

Quote Originally Posted by Geek_Guest View Post
    I am facing problem in QTP 9.0 ie when I recorded a script it runs well after next day when I rerun the same script it display error message like cant identify the object link verify that this objects properties match an object currently displayed in your application and also some buttons also not identify by the QTP 9.0, when I add the objects in the object repository it runs fine but same problem arise next day, before adding the object I am also check the properties of previous link and current link that i added but i did not find any mismatch.2. In my QTP 9.0 update run mode is always disabled. Can any body solve these problems.

thanks in advance

Question asked by visitor hiralal
    I think you are doing web testing, and sometimes it takes time in downloading page (objects) completely, whereas QTP try to identify the object as soon previous step complete.

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji