Thread: Procedure Problem

Expert Member
    Answers

Procedure Problem

I created a procedure using TOAD with name CMSRPT_DIVISIONWISEBILL_INS. It was compiled succesfully. I tried to open the same procedure using SQL*PLUS. It is showing message can't find the file CMSRPT_DIVISIONWISEBILL_INS.sql. Do you want to create a new file?
    But I have given the following command in SQL*PLUS
    SELECT * FROM USER_OBJECTS
    WHERE OBJECT_NAME='CMSRPT_DIVISIONWISEBILL_INS'
    AND OBJECT_TYPE='PROCEDURE';
    It is displaying the procedure details? Could you please suggest what might be the problem?

Regards
    Krishna

Answers

Re: Procedure Problem

Your procedure is compiled and stored in the database along with all the code, which can be retrived by the syntax used by you. The thing is that when using TOAD it prompts to save the script , which is not compulsary after successful comilation of the code specially the objects. when you save to saves to .SQL file in its own directory root which is different from that of SQL * PlUS. The file still exists in the system but not in the root of sql* plus BIN directory.