Thread: Data type changes in source qualifier transformation

Answers

Smile Data type changes in source qualifier transformation

Hi,
    Does changing data type of ports in source qualifier transformation lead to incorrect results????

If yes,then why Informatica provides drop down option for data type of ports in the same transformation??

Last edited by Learner1; 10-01-2007 at 04:09 AM.

Re: Data type changes in source qualifier transformation

Hi...
    If we change the datatype of ports Source Qualifier it leads to give incorrecr results.....
    but when it comes to the y in Informatica means... I have to search and I will give u the answer asap

Bye

Hi,

I came up with exact solution to ur query.... read it ...apply it... let me know the result

Ports of SQ are enabled because we can add more ports of datatype as per our requirement and we can put new generated data in those ports. Like this lot of things can be done,so it should be enabled.

If you want .just u add one more port with default value and u can use that value in the logic inside ur mapping..Check it and Let me know if i am wrong somewhere....

Thanks,
    Fazululla Shaik
    fazulullashaik @ gmail . com

Answers

please write steps for informatica instalation