Thread: Deploying changed DLL method

Answers

Deploying changed DLL method

Let us consider i have a component with 3 parameters and deployed to client side. Now i changed my dll method which takes 4 parameters. How can i deploy this without affecting the client's code.

Is it possible or not?

Answers

Re: Deploying changed DLL method

yes,
    You have to deploy this new assembly in GAC by using SDK .
    and thus a newer version assembly will be called now .

(If u found the quote useful then pls mark it as thanks)
    Thanks

Banned
    Answers

Re: Deploying changed DLL method

Check out this the internet is becoming the global network for business. Ws-security, cryptography libraries, and ssl encryptions are making data transfer over the internet safer. Http is commonly used as the "transport protocol" to exchange data between organizations. Gxa specifications are trying to build a common framework to create seamless communication between distributed systems on multiple platforms. We can exchange business information as xml representations over web services. Complex data structures can be bundled into a dataset to be sent across the wire. The microsoft .net framework will breakdown the data into the "structure" (xml schema) and "data" (xml). Therefore, any complex data manipulation mechanism (dataset, datatable, etc. ...) can be easily understood by the consumer of the web service. But, can we deploy a dll using web services? can we deploy a unit of binary execution over a web service? isn't this question addressed by the microsoft smart client framework? a smart client application will download the dlls from a web server on demand. It will copy the dlls to the client machine to execute locally. Isn't it the same as deploying a dll over a web service