Thread: Testing Issues

Answers

Testing Issues

What is modication request and enhancement request. Please let me know who raise this request in real time and what tester is supoosed to do of these requests?

Answers

Re: Testing Issues

During utilisation of the software,the customer site people will send change requests.these can be enhancement requests or modifications requests.
    According to those requests,changes r performed in software and then tested.

Answers

Hi All,
    I am new member to this site, I have 3 years of experience in software testing field I worked in Noida for a software company and also been to US for an onsite project, I am currently in chennai, I am looking for a Job and I have an interview in HTC on monday and I am bit nervous coz the expectation from the experienced person is always more. I also want to learn Automation tools like QTP, Load runner, Win runner , Silk Test and test director, but so far I havent come accross any good institute to learn. If any of you all know any good Institute where I can learn Tools very well kindly suggest and also if i can get some good interview questions would be very helpful..
    Thank you.

Answers

Hi,

You can join ATS.Its very good institute for testing.

Answers

Hi Skiran,
    Thank you for the reply, Is this ATS in chennai too, and what ATS stand for?

Thank you
    Raveena

Expert Member
    Answers

Modification Request is more commonly known as Change Request (CR). It is a request for a change in the requirements of the customer. Every time a CR it released by the client, it is taken thru the process of impact analysis. Depending on the impact that it creates on the existing build, it will be decided weather to have these changes to me implemented in the current version or in the next version.

Enhancement Request (ER) is mostly for development team. It is basically the request to make appropriate changes in to the program logic for an enhanced design/architecture for the same requirements of the customer. Such enhancements may not necessarily be the result of a change request.

CRs are basically from the client.
    ERs are basically from the s/w architects and designers.

In case of CRs, test team will have to revise their test cases.
    ERs may bring changes in the UI. Test team will have to familiarize themselves with UI changes.

Lack of WILL POWER has caused more failure than
    lack of INTELLIGENCE or ABILITY.

-sutnarcha-

Answers

hi

I am new in testing. I learned qtp also. but i don't have any experience in job. can u please tell me what r the interview questions i can expect in qtp for the job point of view