Thread: Running Thread Continuously

Answers

Running Thread Continuously

What is web.xml?
    How we create a new JSTL class?
    Explain your project Architecture means what we can tell? My project can be developed by using struts mvc-2 architecture that only we want to explain na?
    What is the Filter?
    Continuously thread can be run by which method?
    what is runtimeException and Error and Exception?

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Running Thread Continuously

Hi,
    I don't have answers to all your questions, but I can answer a few:

1. web.xml is a deployment descriptor in a web application. It contains the configurations required for the application.

2. To create a continuously running thread: I guess you are speaking of a daemon thread. These thread run in the background. To set a thread as daemon, you just have to set that property for the thread. Call threadObj.setDaemon(true).

3. From what I understand from your last question:
    Runtime exception is an exception that occurs only when the application is run. For Eg: NullPointerException
    Error: I guess Compile time errors would fit this category
    Exception: Some java methods throw an Exception. These are some exceptions that may arise when the program is running. Eg: IOException

I hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Sahil.

--Smile, it makes others wonder what you are thinking.