Thread: Target Work flow Precatuions

Geek_Guest

Target Work flow Precatuions

Hi friends,

M1 target is target 1, M2 target is target 1
    I’m working on m1, some one working on M2
    If we both run the work flow at a time the target might be override,
    So what are precautions’ can I take for this scenario?

Question asked by visitor ada

I am the DON
    Answers

Post Re: Target Work flow Precatuions

Quote Originally Posted by Geek_Guest View Post
    Hi friends,

M1 target is target 1, M2 target is target 1
    I’m working on m1, some one working on M2
    If we both run the work flow at a time the target might be override,
    So what are precautions’ can I take for this scenario?

Question asked by visitor ada
    It is dependancy related query. If your targets are same for the two your workflows, then you have to create a dependancy between these two workflows.

Such as - After completeion of the wokflow1, the second one has to start. This can be achieved by command task/post session command in the session properties (which session will try to load into that respective table).

You create a trigger file after the first workflow run by using the command task/post session command, so that the other workflow will not start until it gets the trigger from the previous.

There is other way to achieve this. try this.. If you are unable, then just ping me... i'll update you the other one...

Last edited by sanghala; 09-19-2007 at 01:39 AM. Reason: readability
    Sanghala

If you are satisfied with my reply. Please click “Thanks” button which increases the reputation and can serve you better.