Thread: SQL Server

Answers

Question SQL Server

C# application is connected to SQL Server 2000.
    SQL Server 2000 table allows 'INSERT' and 'UPDATE' commands work successfully with NULL values for all the NOT-NULL fields. No NONULLEXCEPTION is thrown. Please explain.

Answers

Re: SQL Server

That is not possible .
    There must be some error in your program or the command is not executing properly from C#.

Answers

Unhappy Re: SQL Server

I checked my code many times. Only the primary key field validates the data for NULL and throws exception. The rest of the NOTNULL fields accepts all NULL values when INSERTed and UPDATEd from C#. But executing the same commands in the Query Analyser or data entry done directly works as expected i.e. throws errors when NULL values are inserted or updated. This is strange.

Answers

Re: SQL Server

are you using any procedure or directly executing the sql statment ???