Thread: Selecting number in QTP

Geek_Guest

Selecting number in QTP

Hi,

I am Using QTP, how can I make this work when for example on the page I have list of numbers (for e.g 1, 2, 3, 4..) with the radio button to select it, how can I select number 2 without selecting the number 1.

This is my recorded script :
    'Browser("Ingersoll Rand").Page("ProcureStaff - Ingersoll").Frame("main_2").WebRadioGroup("SubmittalID").Select "3944"

but this only select the first radio button on the but if I want to select the second radio button...this does not identify.

Please see anyone can help me with the solution asap!

Question asked by visitor Preeti Reddy

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Selecting number in QTP

this is the problem for which i still don have a concrete answers ... will post once i get one ...

But i do have a workaround to survive and that
    add few more property for the radiobuttons like the location x and y coordinates and then it will work ...

Thanks,
    Kunal.

Contributing Member
    Answers

this is the problem for which i still don have a concrete answers ... will post once i get one ...

But i do have a workaround to survive and that
    add few more property for the radiobuttons like the location x and y coordinates and then it will work ...

Thanks,
    Kunal.

Expert Member
    Answers

Hai friend,

Please use index property to select the radio buttons

Browser("Ingersoll Rand").Page("ProcureStaff - Ingersoll").Frame("main_2").WebRadioGroup("SubmittalID").Select "#0"

Browser("Ingersoll Rand").Page("ProcureStaff - Ingersoll").Frame("main_2").WebRadioGroup("SubmittalID").Select "#1"

The index starts from zero. #0 will identify first item and you can use #1 to identify the second and so on.

Thanks
    Deepa